turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ohio Opening Day Tom

Started by Limbstrutter, April 20, 2015, 07:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limbstrutter

Went out Sunday evening to roost some Turkey's and was welcomed by a few down pours needless to say I was soaked . As I set there waiting for fly up time I was beginning to worry if they might of moved from a dust up fromSaturday's youth hunt . A neighbor boy shot a Jake . Just at dark I caught some movement a their he was about a hundred or so yards away.  Time to head home. Opening Day.  This morning started out dry with a light breeze and cool not to bad...I get to my set up  set out my Jake and hen and check out the skyline and he's still there sound a sleep. Day light he gobbles a few times and I give him a good morning tree call and he Flys down oh boy I thinking game over ! Not so fast a hen over the hill let's out a call and off he goes. Stop ! So I let him get some distance between us and I grab my Zinc hen anmake a break for the clearing in the wood a plant the hen a grab a tree and start with a few yelps and cuts and fire him up. Boom game on he let's out a few gobbles and then gives me the silent treatment.  He's sneaking in . So I get my gun up a pointing off to my left where he gobbled last and off to my right there he stands 25 yards and has me locked down . So I slowly move the barrel back to my right and gave him a dirt nap. #1 down . Not a bad bird 24 lbs 10 inch beard and a little over 1 inch spurs . Back at it tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great season.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your opening day success!!

eddie234

kyturkeyhunter4

Quote from: Limbstrutter on April 20, 2015, 07:42:24 PM
Went out Sunday evening to roost some Turkey's and was welcomed by a few down pours needless to say I was soaked . As I set there waiting for fly up time I was beginning to worry if they might of moved from a dust up fromSaturday's youth hunt . A neighbor boy shot a Jake . Just at dark I caught some movement a their he was about a hundred or so yards away.  Time to head home. Opening Day.  This morning started out dry with a light breeze and cool not to bad...I get to my set up  set out my Jake and hen and check out the skyline and he's still there sound a sleep. Day light he gobbles a few times and I give him a good morning tree call and he Flys down oh boy I thinking game over ! Not so fast a hen over the hill let's out a call and off he goes. Stop ! So I let him get some distance between us and I grab my Zinc hen anmake a break for the clearing in the wood a plant the hen a grab a tree and start with a few yelps and cuts and fire him up. Boom game on he let's out a few gobbles and then gives me the silent treatment.  He's sneaking in . So I get my gun up a pointing off to my left where he gobbled last and off to my right there he stands 25 yards and has me locked down . So I slowly move the barrel back to my right and gave him a dirt nap. #1 down . Not a bad bird 24 lbs 10 inch beard and a little over 1 inch spurs . Back at it tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great season.
Congrats

beagler

Never Misses

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

zelmo1

alloutdoors

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Snoodsniper

Limbstrutter

Thanks everyone.  Just got back home from another awesome hunt. #2 Down and just dropped the bird off at the Taxidermist  11 1/2 inch beard and 1 1/4 spurs Tagged Out in Ohio. Soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will .
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

buck_hunter21

Spill Blood

Limbstrutter

Sorry for the delay had to figure out how to post a picture with my phone.

SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4