turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Drying out rubber boots??

Started by SinGin, April 20, 2015, 06:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinGin

Anyone have a good method of drying them out? Wife says I can't use her blow dryer or the clothes dryer either. The creek was about 6 inches deeper than I thought while on my way to a gobbling tom in a field.
Thanks Sam

Hankyorke

stinkpickle

In a pinch, you can lay them on their side and aim a fan towards the holes.  It's not very fast, but if you get enough air moving, they can dry out overnight.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: SinGin on April 20, 2015, 06:15:50 PM
Anyone have a good method of drying them out? Wife says I can't use her blow dryer or the clothes dryer either. The creek was about 6 inches deeper than I thought while on my way to a gobbling tom in a field.
Thanks Sam

Yes. I have used this system for 30 years. I still have my original purchase http://www.peetdryer.com/ I used to hunt every day of the goose season and used this system  each day to dry out my boots and waders. They work and seemingly last forever.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

MG150

Quote from: allaboutshooting on April 20, 2015, 06:56:42 PM
Quote from: SinGin on April 20, 2015, 06:15:50 PM
Thanks Sam

Yes. I have used this system for 30 years. I still have my original purchase http://www.peetdryer.com/ I used to hunt every day of the goose season and used this system  each day to dry out my boots and waders. They work and seemingly last forever.

Thanks,
Clark
I have used my original Peet system for about the same time as Clark has.Works as good as new,Mike

howl

I like to hang them over the radiator on my VW. Srlsy, though, just prop them open and lay them over with the open tops pointed at an a/c vent.

callmakerman

Can't beat the Peet boot dryer.

Turkeyman

If you have electric, you can't beat a Peet dryer overnight. If no electric, you can't beat stuffing with newspaper.

Clif Owen

Quote from: BigAl on April 20, 2015, 07:49:38 PM
If you have electric, you can't beat a Peet dryer overnight. If no electric, you can't beat stuffing with newspaper.

^^This^^

beagler

I have a Peet as well, works great.
Never Misses

PALongspur

Another vote for the Peet dryer. Mine goes with me on every trip, they're worth their weight in gold!

Chilly

Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

ozarkhooks

peet or the news papers in a pinch, remove the insoles and they dry a little faster

Chilly

By the way, if you get holes in you rubber boots and you want to get a few more miles out of them, get some liquid electrical tape from lowes.  Clean them good first.  Good luck.
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

Snoodsniper