OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Want a new Bang stick...

Started by Bro2032, April 20, 2015, 05:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro2032

If you guys had $800 to drop on a 12ga 3.5" turkey gun, what would it be. Looking for a straight dedicated turkey pounder..

Let's hear it, fellas.!!

Thanks,
BRO

outdoors

FOR JUST UNDER THAT LOOK AT THE MOSSBERG 930 , 935 Auto
AND FOR JUST OVER THAT LOOK AT THE Remington VERSA MAX SPST 12 22 RS TKMO
       THERES GOOD DEALS AT BUDSGUN
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

jordanz7935

I have a Mossberg 935 that is pure death on turkeys.It's also one heck of a waterfowl gun. The versamax sportsman is a really nice gun also.Stoeger has a 3.5" auto thats pretty nice too.The Mossy 835's with the new adjustable trigger are nice and about $300 below your budget.

Tom Foolery

For some reason the O/U guns are really appealing to me, turkey choke in one barrel and a mod or full in the other for tight setups.  I'd say recoil on one of these dudes is more than brisk, but they are sharp: 

http://www.tristararms.com/hunter-mag-camo-35-synthetic.php

If they made one in 20 gauge I would have one.

Bro2032

Quote from: Tom Foolery on April 20, 2015, 06:29:25 PM

For some reason the O/U guns are really appealing to me, turkey choke in one barrel and a mod or full in the other for tight setups.  I'd say recoil on one of these dudes is more than brisk, but they are sharp: 

http://www.tristararms.com/hunter-mag-camo-35-synthetic.php

If they made one in 20 gauge I would have one.
I would love to have an O/U.. I've been looking for one I can mount a Burris Fastfire on.. I like to run that sight, and lack of a mounting system for it, has so far, been a deal breaker on the double gun.

Bro2032

Let's say I wanted to buy the Tristar,  which would be an ideal setup for me.. Is it possible to solidly mount a red dot to the rib, without gunsmithing, or alteration.?

longislandloco

JMHO, with an O/U you get what you pay for, $800 for an O/U in nothing like a $800 for an auto. I would do a good research on that Tri, try Shotgunworld.com for some opinions.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

Snoodsniper

If I was going to buy a new turkey gun today it would be the sx3 long beard.

mudhen

BPS, no question for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

TauntoHawk

Stoegar 3500 is what I'd like to get with the pistol grip, a sumtoy, and fast fire or vortex reflex sight.

I'll probably end up getting a 20 though for the wife.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dtrkyman

I think I am going to get a cz bobwhite 20 ga, has double triggers and only 6.6 lbs with choke tubes.  Of course then I have to get reloading gear for tss!