turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Augiedog55 Can Still Do It

Started by hunter22, April 20, 2015, 04:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

A little Mesothelioma cannot keep a good Augiedog down. Ole Bruce hammered them pretty good on our road trip as long as he had shells with him. But I will only tell the story if you ask me. Here are the results of one morning's hunt. Three good Rios with close to 10 inch beards with 1 1/4 inch hooked spurs. More pics to follow.

strutnva

Tony Harris

Looks like good times with friends.

alloutdoors

hunter22

I dropped Bruce off for one afternoon hunt. We saw several gobblers in the area when we driving in. We set up the Dave Smith hen decoy and found a place for him to set behind in his turkey lounger. This was around 2 o'clock and I was going to pick him up around 7. I was hunting about 5 miles away and drove over to my area. I had left my phone at the ranch house that afternoon. I drove off and Bruce got ready to load his gun and start calling and realized he did not have any shells with him. Needless to say he was covered up with birds that afternoon. I accused him of trying to make it hard and see if he could kill one with a rock.

letinmfly

Congrats guys!!  Miss seeing Bruce on the forums.  Glad he's doing ok!!  :icon_thumright:
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

tomstopper

callmakerman

Good to see that Bruce is out and about.. It's been a long fight for him and it must have felt good to be back out chasing birds even with an empty gun. :TooFunny:

kyturkeyhunter4

Quote from: hunter22 on April 20, 2015, 04:31:35 PM
A little Mesothelioma cannot keep a good Augiedog down. Ole Bruce hammered them pretty good on our road trip as long as he had shells with him. But I will only tell the story if you ask me. Here are the results of one morning's hunt. Three good Rios with close to 10 inch beards with 1 1/4 inch hooked spurs. More pics to follow.

Nice birds

RutnNStrutn

West Augusta

That's fantastic.  Congrats to you both.  Hope you get a few more this spring Bruce.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

beagler

Never Misses

hunter22

Thanks guys. We ended up filling 7 of our 8 tags. We would have filled the other tag if Bruce had carried shells on the one hunt and he was so wore out the last morning that did not go out. I am just thankful he was able to do what he did. Great time for sure. This time last year he was not sure he would be alive to see another spring hunt.

West Augusta

A blessing for sure.  Bet those sunrises sure felt good.  Keep building up your strength Bruce.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

zelmo1

:OGturkeyhead: Great hunt, Congrats and God Bless