turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Shot shell reloading

Started by Rick Howard, April 20, 2015, 10:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Howard

Can someone one recommend me a good resource for loading shot shells?  Most particularly buck shot.  Since no one commercially sells #4 buck in 20ga anymore.  Also If I am loading up some coyote loads I might as well work on turkey loads too.  I do not know where to start so I would like to read up on the subject. 

I reload ammo for rifle and I would like to start loading my own 20ga also.  I do not need to load mass quantities.  I would rather be particular and load quality and consistent over fast. 

Thanks,
Rick

Dtrkyman

look into tss, it is the heaviest available shot, #9 works for turkeys!  go to the 20ga forum here and look it up 

Rick Howard

Thank you for the suggestion.  I'm more looking for information regarding the process and equipment needed to load shot shells.  I would like to load buck shot for coyote, but also smaller shot for turkey or anything for that matter.  I suppose I would like to be able o load slug also.  From what I can tell everything I have seen is for shot sizes 2 and less.

remmy1187

Check out Ballistic Products Inc.  They have a buckshot specific manual and also the curmudgeon has the loads of the week

Snoodsniper

Ballistic products is a good resource. I'd get a Lyman shotshell manual. They are full of good info. If you need a press buy the mec sizemaster. Its one of  best single stage presses available.