OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nitro custom load?

Started by RiverRoost, April 20, 2015, 09:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdsberman

Quote from: Phire Phite on May 03, 2015, 06:54:02 PM
:camohat:
Quote from: kdsberman on May 03, 2015, 05:05:41 PM

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on May 03, 2015, 04:58:48 PM
Roll your own TSS and the load will never change and when you want more just make sum.  Plus you'll never get patterns with Nitro's that you can get with TSS.

What's a ballpark figure for how much it would cost me to get all the equipment to reload?

:z-flirtysmile3:

Sent from a dummy with a dum fone.

??

Gobble!

Quote from: kdsberman on May 03, 2015, 05:05:41 PM

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on May 03, 2015, 04:58:48 PM
Roll your own TSS and the load will never change and when you want more just make sum.  Plus you'll never get patterns with Nitro's that you can get with TSS.

What's a ballpark figure for how much it would cost me to get all the equipment to reload?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around $100 for the tools.
Ingredients come out to about $9.95 a shell. Thats shooting 3.5" 2.5oz shells. Way overkill. Could probably be done for around $7.00 or less a shell.

Gobble!

Quote from: turkey_slayer on May 03, 2015, 11:47:20 AM
They can't get powders just like the rest of us. Their customer service sucks. Shells are way overpriced. Roll your own. Better results, shell never changes, pressures want be over saami max, never run out as long as you keep shot on hand.

Amen. Switched from the HeviShot shells 3 years ago because of inconsistency between the shells now I'm seeing the same with Nitro. Have 4 Nitro shells that are leaking buffer everywhere. 2 shells you can shake and hear the shot moving bad. Cant wait to start reloading my own this summer.

Phire Phite

There also seems to be a bit more info on reloading in the 20 ga section.

kdsberman

I gotta get into this reloading stuff.  Always wanted to but never took the first step into doing it.