OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just got some pretty cool news!

Started by LI Outdoorsman, April 20, 2015, 09:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LI Outdoorsman

My parents have lived in florida for the past 20 years after snowbirding back and forth from NY they finally bought a condo near the beach and stayed there. Yesterday my Dad calls me and says the condos for sale and he signed a contract on a 62 acre horse farm in Oxford, sumter co. fl. Its near the Villages a retirement development.I google earthed it and its surrounded by woods,oak and fields, Of course the first thing I think about is "OSCEOLAS!".
Anybody have some info on this area? I did some research seems like alot of WMA's in the area too.
I cant wait to get down there and do some scouting..cant believe I might have my own turkey camp in Florida to go down to in the spring or possibly do some deer hunting as well.Heard its nickname is hog county so I might have really hit the jackpot here.
Appreciate any info anyone can provide.

psehunter

That's a pretty good location in the state. There are a few management areas close to there and also the Ocala national Forrest. Can be a tough place to turkey hunt for sure. Hogs are just about around every corner. Feel free to hit me up and I can show you a couple places when your down.

Dr Juice

Honolua

Quote from: LI Outdoorsman on April 20, 2015, 09:58:58 AM
My parents have lived in florida for the past 20 years after snowbirding back and forth from NY they finally bought a condo near the beach and stayed there. Yesterday my Dad calls me and says the condos for sale and he signed a contract on a 62 acre horse farm in Oxford, sumter co. fl. Its near the Villages a retirement development.I google earthed it and its surrounded by woods,oak and fields, Of course the first thing I think about is "OSCEOLAS!".
Anybody have some info on this area? I did some research seems like alot of WMA's in the area too.
I cant wait to get down there and do some scouting..cant believe I might have my own turkey camp in Florida to go down to in the spring or possibly do some deer hunting as well.Heard its nickname is hog county so I might have really hit the jackpot here.
Appreciate any info anyone can provide.

Congrats I'm jealous

LI Outdoorsman

Quote from: psehunter on April 20, 2015, 04:43:43 PM
That's a pretty good location in the state. There are a few management areas close to there and also the Ocala national Forrest. Can be a tough place to turkey hunt for sure. Hogs are just about around every corner. Feel free to hit me up and I can show you a couple places when your down.
Thanks for the reply I'm looking foward to getting familiar with the area will probably be down a few times a year during key times (hunting season)
I'll let u know when I'm around
Rob