OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

GREAT April in Bama! 1 of 4

Started by sefaber35401, April 19, 2015, 05:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sefaber35401

Had killed 1 bird heading into April.  Minimal gobbling and seldom turkey sightings.
Starting April 5th, not sure I've ever been involved in a season with such a mood swing by the birds!

Multiple posts for all the pics..

Pic 1: April 7th...my second of yr.
Pic 2 & 3: April 15th...my 3rd of yr.
Pic 4 & 5: April 17th...Called dad's first of the yr...21.1 lbs!
Pic 6,7,8,9:  April 19th....Never seen anything like this.  Turkeys right leg and foot was mangled, leg had heavy scarring and holes in it, foot wouldn't open at all.  I dug OLD #4 shot out of the holes in leg.  Right breast was totally infected with Gangrene.  No clue how old this bird was, but obviously had been shot and SURVIVED.

Glad we were able to end his suffering....couldn't have had many yrs left anyway.

alloutdoors

trkycaller

Snoodsniper

tomstopper

zelmo1

sefaber35401

Thanks guys...much appreciated!  I never take for granted killing a bird...but nothing makes me happier than when I coax one in for the man who got me started and taught me how to hunt....my Dad!

:z-guntootsmiley:

If you guys get a chance, check out the other 3 posts I made, same title.  Really need to view 4of4 and look at that bird we killed today, that had been shot before!

beagler

Never Misses

HunterMc23

mgm1955

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

ElkTurkMan

Congrats on a great season. I just returned from my first Alabama Turkey hunt last week. I was fortunate enough to take a bird the last morning of my trip. I really enjoyed hunting over there. I dare say it's one of the best places I have ever chased birds on.

sefaber35401

Thanks Elk.  What part of the state did you hunt?  It is definitely great area for birds.  Great terrain, good mix of field and timber, and good food supply.  Killed anther this morning....about to post as part 5...same title.

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: sefaber35401 on April 21, 2015, 08:28:45 AM
Thanks Elk.  What part of the state did you hunt?  It is definitely great area for birds.  Great terrain, good mix of field and timber, and good food supply.  Killed anther this morning....about to post as part 5...same title.
I hunted in Bullock County just outside of Union Springs