Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Building Bridges and Tearing Down Walls

Started by pappy, April 19, 2015, 11:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Bridges in America are crumbling as our infrastructure has gone neglected for decades. Making traveling more difficult, where once crossing a huge bridge across a vast river or lake was exciting as a child, now has become a coin toss of safety for me and my family.  Our spiritual bridge though is intact, stronger then ever, it was not built with the hands of man, but the Hand of God, up kept and maintained by our faith, and instead of being afraid of crossing it, we embrace the idea of doing so!  1 Timothy - 2:5,6  "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."
Unlike man made bridges, Christ is and always will be there for us to cross the gap between us and God, unfortunately it seems that gap is widening, but fear not, this bridge is as trustworthy as the sun rising in the morning, as the stars shining at night, as the songs sang by the birds in the sky. 
Walls are made for many reasons, to protect, to ward off, to keep in and to keep out. Sad truth is, walls create nothing but fear and make trusting and thing of the past. Walls come in a variety of materials, some you can see through some you can't.  I believe walls are made to keep out things we do not want to "trespass" on our land or in our lives. Another type of wall that is causing more harm then safety is the one "we" build between us and God. Once the wall is built, it can only be torn down by God, because it was built using fear as a mortar and distrust as the blocks or bricks....Ezekiel 13:14- " So will I break down the wall that ye have daubed with untempered morter, and bring it down to the ground, so that the foundation thereof shall be discovered, and it shall fall, and ye shall be consumed in the midst thereof: and ye shall know that I am the LORD."  Having such a wall often gives us a false sense of safety and security, and we soon forget why it was built in the first place, to keep God out. But God in His infinite wisdom, realizes our meager condition and mercifully reaches out to us through His word and the Holy Spirit, to weaken the mortar and eventually bring the wall down, allowing us to see the truth and find true security through Christ and not through some wall of False Hope.
Aren't you glad that our Spiritual Father is in charge of the upkeep when it comes to the Bridge He built !!!!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Swampchickin234

Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyturkeyhunter4