OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Unique Montana Merriam's

Started by hobbes, April 19, 2015, 10:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

My son Isaac killed a cool Merriam's here in Montana yesterday evening that strutted in behind a hen that liked my yelping more than the tom did. In MT you can hunt until 30 min after sunset. I've never seen a turkey still on the ground that late, but we did call these in yelping, gobbling, and strutting just before sunset. By the time we realized we needed to get some photos, I needed a flash to get rid of the blur.

I hope you can recognize what makes this bird unique

alloutdoors

Cool bird, congrats! I get birds in my area with a feather or two on each wing like that, never the whole wing though.

owlhoot

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Triple Gobble

Live your life through Jesus, and life begins!!!!

Triple Gobble

Live your life through Jesus, and life begins!!!!

AndyH

Cool bird congrats! Did he talk you into a full strut mount yet?

hobbes

Strutting mount were some of the first words out of my mouth, so there was no need to talk me into it

zelmo1

tman74

Neat. A friend of mine shot an Eastern with wing feathers like that a couple of years ago. Congrats to your boy.

mgm1955

Congrats to both of you!! That'll make a cool mount!

alclark2

WOW! That's really cool! Congrats to you guys.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

WiLL B

Really unusual and Cool!! Congrats!! I have seen some easterns with a few black wing feathers but not the whole wing

TrackeySauresRex

Mann WTG Isaac! That is one cool Tom. Congrats  :turkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

captin_hook