OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rain Gear

Started by KYTURKEY, April 19, 2015, 10:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYTURKEY

What kind of rain gear does everyone use?  I've had two sets of frog toggs and they both leaked. Wanting to see what else there is. A blind is not an option, so that is out of the question.

Thanks,
Patrick

KYFrid

I have the cabelas gore tex MT50 jacket and pants. Its held up well over the years. It was hard to spend that much at first, but I also use it for deer season as well. 

coyotetrpr

I've used the Frog Toggs for a few years with no problems. Although, I am nervous about how fragile they seem. I don't think it would take much to tear the heck out of them.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

sixbird

I use a house roof myself... ;)
Actually I have some old "rain suede" from Cabelas that works fairly well...

Turkeyman11

Sitka gear for me.  Took me awhile to break down and buy it but I get plenty of use out of it since it rains quite a bit out West during elk season.  Pretty speedy though.

Gobspur

cabelas MT050 gortex

West Augusta

Gander Mountain Camo Gore Tex.  Getting a little snug.  I think it shrunk a little in all the rain.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

turkey_slayer

If you want rain gear that actually want leak your going to have to fork out a lot of cash. Gore tex or dry plus is a joke in an all day soaker or heavy rain unless you can find military grade Gore tex.  This is no secret in the hiking world. If it's warm I just get wet. If it's a light rain/mist and cool I use the cabelas space rain but you will still get wet in an all day rain. I tried frog toggs years ago but they were soaked thru on the first day. Manufacturers like to deceive with their advertising. Waterproof doesn't mean waterproof to them. Vinyl does good but you will be so wet from sweat you might as well not even wear it.

USMC0331

tomstopper

I just use my old military poncho but I know a guy at work who swears by the Revivex product to waterproof whatever he wears

USMC0331

Quote from: tomstopper on April 19, 2015, 08:13:39 PM
I just use my old military poncho but I know a guy at work who swears by the Revivex product to waterproof whatever he wears
That stuff works great.

trb136

Patrick look into first-lite. It's expensive but worth Every penny!

kyturkeyhunter4

Quote from: KYTURKEY on April 19, 2015, 10:16:27 AM
What kind of rain gear does everyone use?  I've had two sets of frog toggs and they both leaked. Wanting to see what else there is. A blind is not an option, so that is out of the question.

Thanks,
Patrick
Ive used Bass Pro for years, and never had any problems with them.

mudhen

Sitka...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

mgm1955

Sitka without a doubt. Rivers West next best. Hunted both for years and will stay absolutely dry.