OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who's ready for the Missouri opener?!

Started by swmohunter7, April 18, 2015, 10:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

more than ready!   Near Truman they gobbled good at the thunder, in between the downpours found a few gallons of morels.  hope the wind isn't to bad tomorrow.

jakesdad

Even if it's windy they will still go on bout their business.

Very true.I think weather affects hunters more than the hunted. "I never have any luck in the rain,wind,cold,etc." usually = "I never really go when its not ideal weather"

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Gooserbat

I'm heading that way in about an hour.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

slayerrd

I'll be in miller county. Shotgun in one hand and a mushroom sack in the other. I can wait.

owlhoot

Quote from: jakesdad on April 19, 2015, 12:24:02 PM
Even if it's windy they will still go on bout their business.

Very true.I think weather affects hunters more than the hunted. "I never have any luck in the rain,wind,cold,etc." usually = "I never really go when its not ideal weather"
Yep very true, i have hunted when the wind dang near picked you off the ground! And storms so bad you couldn't get wetter if you jumped in the pond. Had great luck immediately after a t-storm more than once though.   
Have to admit i like the blue-bird days better. LOL

jakesdad

Oh I agree love those cool,clear,sunny calm days.But only given 3 weeks to hunt em so not going to waste any days!!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

owlhoot

Quote from: jakesdad on April 19, 2015, 02:08:16 PM
Oh I agree love those cool,clear,sunny calm days.But only given 3 weeks to hunt em so not going to waste any days!!
Right there with ya!  Is it tomorrow yet??? Lets go!

All the other guys hunting other states posting kills really gets to ya!

mgm1955

Quote from: owlhoot on April 19, 2015, 02:18:10 PM
Quote from: jakesdad on April 19, 2015, 02:08:16 PM
Right there with ya!  Is it tomorrow yet??? Lets go!

All the other guys hunting other states posting kills really gets to ya!
Couldn't agree with you more!! Good luck to everyone!!!

stinkpickle

The truck is loaded and I'm heading across the state line tomorrow morning.

daveco

Careful loading the truck the night before; some folks get robbed that way.

Thundermtn

Shotgun barrel is looking like the top of Mr. Clean's head, so I'm 100% ready to go! Good luck everyone.

10gaugemag

Ol' man already sent me a pic of Missouri bird #1. I am heading out tomorrow or Wednesday, cant decide. Get 'er done boys!!!!!

daveco

Done by 9 am, yesterday.  Won't carry a gun until Monday, but will host a buddy on the weekend.

Greg Massey

I enjoyed hunting in Missouri back several years ago we would camp for a week off the eleven point river and hunt the Irish wildernesses ...it was a lot of fun. You could stand in one spot and hear a turkey gobble in every direction ..those were the days....now I'm just a old retired from work turkey hunter so I stay close to home in West Tenn.

turkey harvester

Me and the wife whacked out our first yesterday, great morning.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.