turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who's ready for the Missouri opener?!

Started by swmohunter7, April 18, 2015, 10:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swmohunter7

Just wondering who else is ready for this season to begin Monday in Missouri! I won't be able to go until next Saturday because of school and baseball but itll be on my mind all week! I was able to get in the woods with my dad and younger brother during the youth hunt and that just got me even more pumped. Ill be in the Southeast area in humansville and el Dorado springs! Good luck this season to all! Thanks

10gaugemag

You are in a hotspot in Cedar county. Heading out in the morning to pin down a bird for Monday mornings hunt and maybe midweek too. Ready to get after them, saw about 15 longbeards riding around this evening after it cleared off.

swmohunter7

:TrainWreck1:
Quote from: 10gaugemag on April 18, 2015, 11:05:36 PM
You are in a hotspot in Cedar county. Heading out in the morning to pin down a bird for Monday mornings hunt and maybe midweek too. Ready to get after them, saw about 15 longbeards riding around this evening after it cleared off.
yeah this is our first year leasing the land in cedar county. We have tremendous turkey on our farm in humansville and never even made plans to hunt turkey there until we went shed hunting and saw three groups of longbeards in three different fields on the property!

Thundermtn

Oh man! Bird is roosted, calls and sequences planned out. These sirens will be singing real soon.

swmohunter7

Quote from: Thundermtn on April 19, 2015, 12:01:16 AM
Oh man! Bird is roosted, calls and sequences planned out. These sirens will be singing real soon.

how do you like your crystal mistress? I was between that and the mad hen gen 2 from jimmy schaffer. I went ahead and got the mad hen and im interested in one of those also. Where at in the state are you?

daveco

Looking forward to it.  Will hunt in Polk County, first, then Barton County.

Fullfan

Truck is packed and ready to roll from Pa. This will be year 25 for me in Mo. Sure looking forward to it after the long cold winter we had. Just setting here waiting for the father in-law to get his old grumpy  here... lol
Don't gobble at me...

budtripp

I've been ready since Feb bud. And if you're thinking about getting a crystal mistress do yourself a favor and get it. It's an awesome call.

Thundermtn

I avoided getting one for too long, it's the real deal. Twisted will be next year. My favorite is the CM or my Outlaw Hen. The outlaw tree talks better but the cm will kee kee better for me.

Went to b.p. in independence last night and played all that I could open.nothing got even close to these two.

jakesdad

I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve!!!!!  Not looking forward to the 20 mph winds forecasted but ya gotta play with the hand you're dealt. Have 3 gobble happy longbeards traveling in a group with no hens so i'm hoping that they feel like playing monday morning.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

10gaugemag

Been watching the forecast myself and I am thinking about playing hooky Wednesday instead of tomorrow. Save my time for 2nd and 3rd weeks so I can take multiple days off if needed to get my 2 birds killed. Went out this morning and it was terribly quiet, only heard 3 gobbles, 2 from one bird and 1 from another. Don't know if they were just wet or had a bunch of hens with them and no reason to gobble much.

Rwgrobe

Can't wait, the past 2 days gobblers been gobbling good the past two mornings better than last year.  Calm morning with light rains nothing like they were forecasting.

jlewis4390

I ain't from Missouri. But our ohio season comes in tomorrow morning and I can't wait got everything ready to go checked list multiple times ...hopefully the thunder storms they are for casting will hold off ???

coyotetrpr

Went out last weekend on the youth opener with my daughter. 4 longbeards sprinted in to the decoys and she was able to make the shot on a 26 pounder with a 10.25 inch beard and 7/8 inch spurs. I haven't slept well since that day waiting for opening morning and with the rain we had yesterday I will be able to get out in the woods.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

turkey harvester

Rain in southern part of state supposed to be done by midnight. Was real foggy and wet yesterday morning and they gobbled their fool heads off. Hunting a new property and heard 5. Seen a strutted with 3 jakes in a big field. Only seen I hen, nobody hunts there so it ought to be good. Even if it's windy they will still go on bout their business.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.