OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Upgrade. Been telling everybody afternoons are where its at right now.

Started by savduck, April 18, 2015, 09:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Got this mornings bird cleaned up and the sun came out. I asked Jackson if he wanted to go after a bird. He said he did but wanted me to shoot, he still a little unsure about shooting. I told him we were going to pay " gate keeper" a visit. Yep same gate keeper you have  heard me and Ryan talk about the last three season. Well, this was my first afternoon try on him ever. Worked like a charm.

Gate keeper is dead. Long live the beast.

Georgia Boy

alloutdoors

:icon_thumright: I'm glad Jackson was there with you, bet he had a great time! We may have Gatekeeper II to deal with in the future based on what you told me about the buddy he had running with him, the old boy may have passed on some of his tricks. The king is dead, long live the king!

savduck

He was all by himself. I watched him for ten minutes making sure it was him. I saw that small beard and questioned it until i saw the spurs. I shot and sat tight and then saw another gobbler running away into the pines.

It must have been feeding on the backside of that small rise in the field. I have no doubt though with these spurs and crooked toe we finally got our gobbler.
Georgia Boy

merocustomcalls

Congrats Del, it's nice to get a bird you've worked on for a while.  The tail fan on that one looks like it might have 20 feathers instead of the usual 18.

Tennessee Lead

That's a fine Tom congrats to you!

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

jbrown

Congrats Del! I like gobblers old enough to have names....remember "Bad Boy"??

savduck

Cant forget Bad Boy. My best Ga gobbler ever. I got two more on the hit list " the twins" . Two three year olds that have been running together since they were jakes. Had three close calls with them over the last three seasons. They roost in the same place every year. I had them in gun range second week of this season but had nine hens all around them and couldnt get a clean shot. They get another pass now until next year.........Maybe. Jackson may get to put a bead on one.

Ol bad boy. I can see that light shining through those two white feathers in his tail fan like it was yesterday.

Georgia Boy