turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

CA Turkey Opener tomorrow

Started by TRKYHTR, March 25, 2011, 11:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

Our season is opening tomorrow. The only problem is that it has been raining for the last few days. Everything is flooded and wet and it's supposed to continue until Sunday. I might even be hunting in the snow on Sunday. I've never done that before. Good luck to those who will be out there and all you other guys that are starting or have already begun. Tomorrow is head smashing day. Good luck,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

gatrapper

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

selinoid44

Good luck brother, hope you get a biggun! :fud:

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

kj

Good luck Joe!  This weather is crazy.  I'd planned a private land hunt tomorrow and then maybe accompany my brother in law while he hunts some DFG or BLM land Sunday.  Given the forecast for heavy rain and thundershowers tomorrow, I've pushed my private land hunt to Sunday when the weather is supposed to clear.  Fingers are crossed and Muck Boots ready.  I'm anxious to get started.  Tomorrow will be torture.

socalturkeyman

Its gonna sun scattered clound and sunshie for us in So Cal and hopefully I can get this bird down tomorrow that Ive seen a few time.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

huntdux1

good luck Joe, and to my fellow red Dawn Raider team member

hobbes

Good Luck tomorrow!  Looking forward to photos of a wet turkey.

REBELYELL

flintlock

Mother Lode aint playin'!  Good luck Joe!   :z-guntootsmiley:
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

TnHunter

Life is good today

ghillie

kj

Any Northern California hunters who are out today are better men than me.  I tried to sleep in so I would not think about missing opening day.  I woke up at 6:00am to the sound of rain on the roof. 

It has been raining heavy or light non-stop all morning.  Watching CMT Greatest Women of Country while catching up on my email.  The wife has left for her yoga class so I might have to break out a turkey calling video next.

I just hope it clears tomorrow morning per the current forecast.  Good luck to anyone who is braving the NorCal rain today and to Juan in SoCal.

shootumindaface

Good luck joe belated.. Track em down in the snow.

Hognutz

Good luck, Joe. Hope the weather cooperated for you, today. Send us some pictures of the carnage..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

TRKYHTR

Was up at 3:45 and headed 1 1/2 hour drive to be at a meeting point at 5:30. Hard rain the whole way. We met up with Doug and got things ready. Then headed out before first light. We heard 1 turkey gobble and got as close as we could to set up. The turkey was roosted across a big road and he gobbled maybe 5 times. He hit the ground and we never heard him again. We walked a called for about 2 hours and decided it was time to go inside and get dry. We went and had breakfast and then Joey and I headed home. So all we got today was wet and pneumonia. Somebody's not reading the script. This is Sunny CA in March. it's supposed to be 72 degrees and sunny. Hope it clears up tomorrow. I'm headed for the mountains and maybe some snow.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck