turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3rd Tennessee Tom

Started by Tennessee Lead, April 18, 2015, 03:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Lead

I was fortunate enough to take my 3rd Tom of the season on my 5th morning of hunting today. I've had some great luck so far as this one is the 6th different Tom that I've called up each alone. I can't remember having that kind of success rate before.
I climbed to the top this morning and only heard one gobbling. Luckily I was just down the ridge from him. I eased closer thinking he was farther away. I blowed the Hoot'N Stick and he answered. I turned to find a tree and actually heard him fly down.
By the time I had got situated he had started down the holler. I called on the Twisted Sister and he answered. He gobbled again and I knew he was committed. I switched the camera on and never made another call. He put on a show for me. It was all you could hope for in a hunt. Strutting,  drumming and lots of Gobbling.
Shot him at 29 yards. Mossberg 835 Carlson Longbeard XR .683 choke 3" winchester Longbeard XR #6 shot
21.8 lbs 1" Spurs 9&1/2" beard.

Here is the video of the hunt
http://youtu.be/_WKhGvOQITQ

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

zelmo1

:z-winnersmiley: Very nice season, Congrats.

Snoodsniper

Gooserbat

Great job, I like you four leaf clover pic.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

tomstopper

alloutdoors

Tennessee Lead

Thank you all

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 18, 2015, 05:37:07 PM
Great job, I like you four leaf clover pic.
Thanks! One for each Tom lol. I saw them as I was knelt down taking pictures. I saw a fourth one so maybe it's a good omen lol.

darn2ten

trkycaller

HunterMc23

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

RutnNStrutn

Congrats man, you're off to a great start!! :icon_thumright:

kyturkeyhunter4

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on April 18, 2015, 03:41:48 PM
I was fortunate enough to take my 3rd Tom of the season on my 5th morning of hunting today. I've had some great luck so far as this one is the 6th different Tom that I've called up each alone. I can't remember having that kind of success rate before.
I climbed to the top this morning and only heard one gobbling. Luckily I was just down the ridge from him. I eased closer thinking he was farther away. I blowed the Hoot'N Stick and he answered. I turned to find a tree and actually heard him fly down.
By the time I had got situated he had started down the holler. I called on the Twisted Sister and he answered. He gobbled again and I knew he was committed. I switched the camera on and never made another call. He put on a show for me. It was all you could hope for in a hunt. Strutting,  drumming and lots of Gobbling.
Shot him at 29 yards. Mossberg 835 Carlson Longbeard XR .683 choke 3" winchester Longbeard XR #6 shot
21.8 lbs 1" Spurs 9&1/2" beard.

Here is the video of the hunt
http://youtu.be/_WKhGvOQITQ

Congrats