turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NJ and NY Youth Day

Started by Bowguy, April 17, 2015, 10:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Guys youth days have started all across the south, tomo is youth day in Jersey and next weekend is NY. Pretty sure Pa is right about now too. Good luck to all the dads n mentors. If you can n don't have a child of age it'd be a great time to find a kid n make memories. Youth days are my favorite days afield, may be yours too

MACHINIST

I have my nephew I am taking out.He was successful last year on opening day of Rifle deer season.Now hes has his sight on a thunderchicken!!

LI Outdoorsman

Ive been scouting LI this past few days..Taking a youth out next Saturday

bowmike

PA is next weekend. This weekend it the first day of trout.

I have been setting up a 20 ga rig for my nephew. Have a few toms located and cant wait to get him out next Saturday. His dad has pretty much left him so it is nice to get him out to do some outdoor stuff. Breaks my heart his dad is such a  :deadhorse: but it is what it is. It is his loss.

Snoodsniper

I have two boys one is six and one is eight. PA only allows one day for the youth season. That makes it real difficult to get each kid a quality hunt. Especially since we can only hunt til noon. But we will be out there trying to get 'er done!

Bowguy

Quote from: bowmike on April 17, 2015, 01:29:47 PM
PA is next weekend. This weekend it the first day of trout.

I have been setting up a 20 ga rig for my nephew. Have a few toms located and cant wait to get him out next Saturday. His dad has pretty much left him so it is nice to get him out to do some outdoor stuff. Breaks my heart his dad is such a  :deadhorse: but it is what it is. It is his loss.
That sucks about the dad but people like you make the world a better place. As a younger man a boy in town's dad took off. Kid didn't see him from 6 years old. Kid was withdrawn and angry. My buds n I took him under our wing. His mom would joke about how many 40+ year old friends he had. She'd drive him around n listen for hounds barking n he'd come through a cornfield to find me and do some shooting. I even got to call his first bird. His school grades picked up so did his manners. It was all good. He's now proudly defending our freedom. I pray for his safe return.

Bowguy

Quote from: Snoodsniper on April 17, 2015, 01:39:56 PM
I have two boys one is six and one is eight. PA only allows one day for the youth season. That makes it real difficult to get each kid a quality hunt. Especially since we can only hunt til noon. But we will be out there trying to get 'er done!
two years ago my kids were 13 n 10. The younger only a few weeks from being old enough to hunt. I first called in two jakes. The older on took the bigger. Than 20 minutes later 6 more came in, again all jakes but we went two for two n they I'm not sure would have been happier no matter what. The day is my profile pic and was part of NJ Fish Game hunt digest the next year. Awesome day n I hope yours is just as good

tomstopper

Taking my nephew out here in NY and PA. I don't know who is more pumped, him or me..... :z-guntootsmiley:

Bowguy

My older daughter did it again. Not a giant bird but a troohy to her I'm sure. She's not w me full time unfortunately so we shoot when we can. Saw 11 total gobblers today. Hers was a group of 8 jakes. Too bad the younger one was in bad position. Another double woulda been cool. NY youth day one week away!

tomstopper

mikejd

Good luck to all of the kids getting out this year.

NJGobblerHunter

NJstrutter

congrats! My daughter is only 3 yrs old and already asking me if she can go in the "big woods" to hunt with daddy. she was so upset when I told her she was a little to young yet. To all the youth out there, good luck during the rest of the season.

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Bowguy

:newmascot:
Quote from: NJstrutter on April 19, 2015, 09:26:47 PM
congrats! My daughter is only 3 yrs old and already asking me if she can go in the "big woods" to hunt with daddy. she was so upset when I told her she was a little to young yet. To all the youth out there, good luck during the rest of the season.
roost birds the night before. Carry a blind in n set it up without a flashlight either that night or the next morning, depending how quiet she is, is how close id get. The blind will keep her flying hands from the turkeys vision and she can play games or something in there. The roosting has you assured she'll hear or see game fairly quickly come light. If you don't get a bird who cares, you'll be spending time with a great future partner. Make the most of it