OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Will There Ever Be "The One"

Started by Footballer, April 16, 2015, 09:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grayfox

I might have a problem.  Just when I think I'm OK I relapse & another call is on the way.  I think I'm getting better because I've slowed up some.  OK, I'm grayfox & I have a problem.  There i said it!  Now show me some more calls.

Stump.270

Yes I have it too I went from hunting with a power crystal and h.s rosewood striker and a promos cuttin striker and killing lots and lots of turkeys with it until my wife bought me a cherry classic one year for valentines and it was what sparked it I will say out of all the ones I have if I had to burn all but one it would be the mistress sorry I said it's the one if there was one now really really close seconds are about any of Halloran other glass platz double glass and maple slate ,Lonzo aluminum ,mad hen 1,strawser blue mahoe etc etc etc

Footballer

Quote from: jakesdad on April 17, 2015, 02:53:03 PM
"Its a damn disease is what it is"....................Truer words never been spoken about turkey hunting in all of its aspects. My problem is two-fold in a way. Part of me wants to be that old timer who has used the same old call for years and years and killed a truck load of turkeys doing it. Another part of me is always on the search for that one thats got so much turkey in it that it spits feathers. so far the second me is winning,but number one seems to be closing the gap    :z-dizzy:

I'm the exact same way! I want to have a call that I kill a ton of turkeys with, but I can't be satisfied with just one!

darn2ten

Really has nothing to do with the "one" that will kill turkeys. It's more of a collector thing. I have great calls from custom makers, but I have killed a pile with a old HS triple grand champion glass. Most turkeys don't sound as good as most calls. Got a lot more to do with how you use a call than exactly what it sounds like.

mgm1955

Quote from: letinmfly on April 16, 2015, 05:46:53 PM
The Ones yes but never the One!!  Too many good ones for there only to be one!!  That speaks volumes about the number of quality callmakers out there today.  Hats off to them!!  :icon_thumright:
Absolutely!