turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

50 States

Started by wisconsinteacher, April 16, 2015, 09:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

My mind was wondering this morning and I came up with a question.  Does anyone have a call from a call maker in all 50 states?  I am guessing there is a quality maker in every state.  I think it would be neat to have one from every one. 

I have a long way to go.  I have 6 covered.

Rick Howard

I think 48 is probably the best your gonna get but I cant say for sure.  You have peaked my interest.  As my collection grows it will be fun to keep track. 

callmakerman

Earl Mickel did and the story is in his third book on call makers

KentuckyHeadhunter

Yes Mickel's book is what you should get. Longbeards, Call makers, and Memories.  Another question I would be interested in is what are the best states for popular call makers? Pennsylvania, Virginia, Carolinas???  The regional differences are pretty interesting. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

howl

tagged for info from NM and CO

West Augusta

I'm just trying to get a striker in all 50 states.   
I'm sure that Pappy and Wendell are probably pretty close to 50 if they aren't already there.

These are the states that I have strikers in along with 2 Canadian Provinces.

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Nevada appears to lack the most population of wild turkeys continentally.  Do you think the number of turkey call makers is directly reflected by the local and regional number of birds?  I don't waste my time making polar bear calls here in Georgia. This is an interesting thread.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

pappy

You know I will have to check my records...getting pretty close, I can add Canada and England and Hawaii and Alaska though.....I did make an Alligator call for a young man in Louisiana ....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

West Augusta

This helps Jack.  It's what I use.  Make a map of each state and print it out to hang over your work bench.
http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

alclark2

I'm not sure how many Alaskan call makers are making turkey calls.  ;D ;D ;D

Very interesting though. I might start buying from different states. I only have Missouri, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, and Michigan covered.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

pappy

Quote from: alclark2 on April 30, 2015, 09:42:04 AM
I'm not sure how many Alaskan call makers are making turkey calls.  ;D ;D ;D

Very interesting though. I might start buying from different states. I only have Missouri, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, and Michigan covered.
I had made a turkey call that looked like a pistol and it went there.....may not be any makers but there sure are buyers LOL
tel...573-380-8206

Phire Phite

Good luck finding something from Vermont.

pappy

tel...573-380-8206

Phire Phite

I saw that after too, but I don't think they're actually in VT, or not anymore...

I'll have to check on that and give him a call sometime.

Rick Howard

I have predator calls in 45 states, Canada, England, and Norway.  I am missing MA, ME, NH, HI, KY to fill out my map.