OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who's got some big spur pics off turkeys you have killed?

Started by Honolua, April 15, 2015, 10:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Honolua

No internet pics... Just yours.

I'm afraid I have only gotten them about an inch so nothing to contribute.

jblackburn

I didn't kill this one, but I called it in.  Western Oklahoma Rio, 1 9/16 and it was his first turkey!

1 1/4 is my biggest, but I'm not sure if I have a picture.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

drenalinld

mgm1955

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

RutnNStrutn

1-1/2" spurs - Florida Registry Osceola

1-1/2" spurs - Michigan Eastern

1-7/16" spurs Osceola

Another 1-7/16" spurs Osceola

1-3/8" spurs Osceola

Gooserbat

Hey Rut so you know, I hate you in that friendly jealousy kinda way.  Those are some good ones,  I can only find long beards.  I only killed 2 over 1 1/8".
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

RutnNStrutn

Gooserbro, we need to get you down here to FLA to hunt some Osceolas!!! They are famous for growing long spurs!! I'll be in touch brother!! ;) :icon_thumright:

Gooserbat

Yeah my 16 yrold boy has 11 turkey to his credit and there is a 1.375, 1.250, and a 1.1875 so he's putting the hurt on Dad.
NWTF Booth 1623

Honolua

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 16, 2015, 12:35:47 AM
Hey Rut so you know, I hate you in that friendly jealousy kinda way.  Those are some good ones,  I can only find long beards.  I only killed 2 over 1 1/8".

I'm with Gooserbat on this but I've only gotten about an inch on spur length.

Chilly

I killed the bird that belonged to the first set and I called the other in for a friend.  The bird flew across the river to us.  It was my friends first turkey.
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

darn2ten

All Tennessee Eastern's 1st and 2nd are 1 3/8" and last one is 1 1/2"

1 3/8" Osceola

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvlimbhanger

Mike Honcho

A friend of mine's dad killed an old tom in SE Kansas about 5 years ago that had well over 2" hooks, from memory at least 2 1/4" and I'm not sure one wasn't a full 2 1/2".  I saw them but didn't get a photo.  I asked my buddy about them a couple of months back and he has lost them when he moved about a year ago. 

Biggest hooks I ever laid eyes on.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 16, 2015, 12:52:19 AM
Yeah my 16 yrold boy has 11 turkey to his credit and there is a 1.375, 1.250, and a 1.1875 so he's putting the hurt on Dad.
;D :lol: