turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

#2 down in VA..4-15-15

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, April 15, 2015, 07:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaturkeyhntr

Knocked down #2 this morning at 7:10.  Heard this bird and a couple others off the roost and slowly worked that way, after setting up on the opposite ridge from this bird I realized if he was going to show up it would be close quarters.  The lip of the ridge I was on dropped off about 15 yards in front of me, well the bird starting gobbling pretty good once on the ground but with a steep draw between us I wasn't sure if he was going to come across it.  Well he stayed in the same spot for about 15-20 minutes gobbling about ever 2 minutes, finally he started moving to my right and was dropping down off the point of the ridge he was on.  I went silent for a minute and when I called again he must have changed directions at the bottom of the ridge cause when I called again he gobbled about 50 yards out in front of me to my right.  I knew it was going to be up close when he showed up so I turned my red dot on and about the time I got it on I saw a glowing white head periscope up above the ridge line.  He was already at 30 yards, after he inspected the area he continued to walk and when he hit the 25 yard mark he took his last step.

19 lbs, 8 3/4 inch beard, 1 inch spurs

]

zelmo1

darn2ten

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

alloutdoors

suburbhunter

tomstopper

MAKEemQUIVER

Go Big Blue!!!!!!

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on a good season so far!! :icon_thumright:

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.