OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

slam complete

Started by Greenshed Longbeard, April 15, 2015, 08:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenshed Longbeard

God allowed this old turkey hunter to take an Osceola this past weekend thus completing my first slam. It may have took two years but it is done. I finished with turkey trek outfitters
Those guys were great, nothing fancy but hunting the way it should be. I hope if a slam is on any of you folks bucket list go for it. The expierence of hunting this majestic bird in different regions of our country is awesome. Their adaptation toddifferent  environments is truly remarkable.
Greenshed Longbeard

Timmer

Congrats!  It's on my retirement bucket list for sure!
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

wvlimbhanger

Congratulations on your slam!!!

It is on my bucket list, I picked up my Osceola a few weeks ago.

After those few days in Florida I definitely agree with your statement about hunting turkeys in different regions of the country.  To me the habitat and region are what make the slam so special, more so than the bird itself.

Where did you pick up your Rio and Merriams?

Was it with an outfitter or DIY?

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

suburbhunter

jblackburn

Congrats!  Osceola is all I have left
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

eddie234

Chilly

Congrats on a huge achievement.....
My ultimate turkey hunting goal in life is to take a Grand Slam with my boys.  All 3 of us accomplishing it at the same time. 
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

alloutdoors

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Thundermtn

Congrats on your slam!

njdevilsb

Congrats.  That is something I hope to achieve in the near future as well.  I only have the eastern so far though so I have some work to do.

ncturkey

Congrats. I do call a Grand Slam a bucket list item. I call it a after retirement list item.

Swamphunter27

That is awesome!! Got osceola under my belt since i live in south florida.... I will be leaving friday morning for alabama and hopefully getting an eastern as well!!!

sixbird

Can anybody tell me how you "prove" that you took a bird for grand slam? I'm assuming I'll need documentation...What exactly do you need to do. I live in the east and have killed plenty of easterns so I guess I can complete the first leg fairly easily...