OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

slam complete

Started by Greenshed Longbeard, April 15, 2015, 08:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

870supermagnum

Congrats on your slam.... I'm jealous and want to do it myself some day.

Dr Juice

sixbird

Quote from: sixbird on April 15, 2015, 01:08:09 PM
Can anybody tell me how you "prove" that you took a bird for grand slam? I'm assuming I'll need documentation...What exactly do you need to do. I live in the east and have killed plenty of easterns so I guess I can complete the first leg fairly easily...

Oh, and by the way...Congrats!

Snoodsniper

Congrats! Jealous as well!

mgm1955

zelmo1

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your slam!!

bszweda

Congrats! Definitely looking into doing a slam myself ????

LI Outdoorsman

Can anybody tell me how you "prove" that you took a bird for grand slam? I'm assuming I'll need documentation...What exactly do you need to do. I live in the east and have killed plenty of easterns so I guess I can complete the first leg fairly easily...
You get the paper work from NWTF (you have to be a member) and fill it out and send it in to register your bird.
I only registered a few of mine...I know I did my slam...2 grand slams and a world slam..wasnt that interested in registering but its cool..you get a pin.and a certificate

porcupine

Triple Gobble

Congrats, heck of an accomplishment!!!!
Live your life through Jesus, and life begins!!!!

sixbird

Quote from: LI Outdoorsman on April 17, 2015, 06:26:13 PM
You get the paper work from NWTF (you have to be a member) and fill it out and send it in to register your bird.
I only registered a few of mine...I know I did my slam...2 grand slams and a world slam..wasnt that interested in registering but its cool..you get a pin.and a certificate

Thanks man...I have a few animals in the record book that were bow kills. I view it as more a way to honor the animal but I can't say it isn't cool to be "in the book." Kind of commemorates that hunt in a way that in some respects, elevates that animal and the experience even more...So I get what you're saying about not being the "be all/end all"...I've been toying with the idea of going for a grand or world slam for a few years now and I guessed it would involve NWTF in some way but wasn't sure how...So, again thanks for putting me on the right track...Congrats on those slams...That's quite an accomplishment!

tanna114

Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Ishi

Congrats on the slam!!! Awesome accomplishment
The Spirit Lives On