turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally Nebraska Success (Video)

Started by NorfolkHunter, April 13, 2015, 09:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkHunter

This was my 3rd year chasing Nebraska long beards. I missed a tom right off the roost in year #1 (Actually missed him twice  :-[ ) and passed some jakes. Year #2 we ran into poor weather and I was only able to work a jake with some hens into my setup.

Finally on year #3 I was able to get it done. This year the weather was amazing weeks before we left and the forecast remained great while we were there. The 6 of us arrived at camp at 4:30am CST. With only a few hours until daybreak we all got our gear ready and waited to head out. Fatigue from the long drive gets overlooked when that first gobble rings out.

Very happy with my first our of province. 22lbs. Spurs just over an inch and beard 9 7/8". Bird was taken on March 30th.

Video link below.
https://youtu.be/SbEpa-Kevkc

Strick9

OUT Flippn Standing video cuts to the Gopro! Few understand how difficult it is to get that set up put together and then of course for it to work out. Great Job!
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

NJGobblerHunter

Great video. Incredible clarity with the GoPro! Congrats!

idratherb

well done man very impressive footage and doing it with a bow

born2hunt

Nice job and great video, and I agree, who can go to sleep when you arrive that close to daylight !!!
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

zelmo1

Mike Honcho

alloutdoors

NJFF6925

Loved how your breathing got more intense just before the shot! What a feeling, just like I was beside you in the blind!

njdevilsb

Nice video.  Congrats on the bird.

870FaceLift

:you_rock:

Great shot and the footage is perfect.  Headed to NE this weekend myself - cant wait!!
Pass it on...

SCGobbler

The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

ouachitamtnman

That's great!  Congrats man.  Great video
Defending God is like defending a lion...he don't need your help...just open the cage

Marine Gobbler Hunter

ILHUNTER

Awesome footage, great shot, congrats