OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Getting close! Countdown...IA - 3 days, MN - 6 days, WI - 16 days

Started by Timmer, April 13, 2015, 07:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmer

Getting excited, off to Iowa on Thursday with my 11 year old son!  He's only tried hunting for one day a couple of years ago and we were in a blind in 11 degree weather and he was bored and cold.  This time we are going to sneak hunt in nice weather.  I hope to get him hooked!  We are hunting public land around Iowa City if anyone wants to chime in with last minute location advice.  I've got a number of public lands picked out via google maps.  Hopefully we will have some luck.

From there I'm back to Minnesota for a few days hunting alone, peace and quiet, just me and the turkeys.  I'm looking forward to a much needed recharge of my batteries! 

I've got a Wisconsin tag for a couple of weeks out.  Last year the farm I had hunted for years sold out to a sand fracking operation and I didn't have time to travel and knock doors to find a new location.  If my son wants to go again, we'll head there and hope to find some place to hunt.  Anyone with any zone 1 public land ideas for me?

Tim
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

2eagles

Both of my (not so little) boys are hunting second season. Hopefully son #1 gets his first turkey Friday and I can go watch son #2 hunt Saturday. Birds were quite vocal today. Good luck!

mgm1955