OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Quaker Boy Foam Fit

Started by WV Gobble Gobble, March 25, 2011, 04:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Gobble Gobble

Hi Everybody!  :hello99: Had a quick question.  Has anyone used the foam fit diaphrams?  Just wondering if they are easy to use and have a good tone. 

runngun

Tried one a few years ago, hated it. Might as well cut up the kitchen sink sponge and put it in your mouth !!!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

catdaddy

I tried one once and didn't like it either.

Trevor2

Never tried one but doesn't sound like a good idea. Foam? No thanks
Strutstopper

Timmer

I got one in the mail this year.  Not sure what organization or magazine subscription made me so lucky.  I tried it and it was too thick for me, it felt strange and I certainly didn't call any better with it.  I tried cutting it smaller but that didn't make it seem any smaller in my mouth.  My 7 year old now makes crazy monster noises with it.  
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

PANYHunter

I tried one last year and I didn't like it one bit.  It just got soggy and weird feeling in my mouth, didn't matter what it sounded like.

njdevilsb

I didn't like how they felt in my mouth either.  It was just, weird.

TrophyTracker

These calls may feel weird at first, but with some use and breaking in, the foam softens up and really feels natural in your mouth. The raspy ones (CheckMate, Double-Slash, Jagged Edge) have a good crisp "Pop" to them while cutting, and can be run real soft as well. The thing I like best about them is that they last so long, and take lots of abuse that a taped call would need a trip to ICU for
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

blackmagic

TauntoHawk

Hated em... Threw em out some of the cheapest feeling calls I've ever tried to use
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Austy

I too hated them and made me gag also!!!

archery1

didnt like it.. foam????? enough said
Take a kid hunting

3inchstrutbuster

i got one in the mail the other day i tryed it and didnt like it.i almost threw it away but i have a call perrfect so i took the foam off and put tape on nice call now

WV Gobble Gobble

Thanks everyone I think I will be looking at hooks calls to get mine after reading all of the reviews.

keyser12ga

You should check out Dan Kendall Calls, best mouth calls I have used.