OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Walked to my truck with some weight.

Started by strum, April 13, 2015, 10:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strum

Well after having him make a fool of me last year. Today was reckoning day. :D
  Got up on the ridge just as daylight broke.
6:45 I hear a gobble . Couldn't have been more than 80 yards. I didn't make a peep. ten mins later he gobbles agin .I know hes on the roost ..I stay silent.
then I start hearing gobbles way off ..at least four different birds diff directions and all except this one were long long way.
After a bit I make 3-4 very low volume tree yelps. he didn't answer right on me so I waited ..  then a min or two I hear a double gobble...hmm.. I stay silent.
  I think I hear him hit the ground not sure ..I don't hear as sharp as I want .  gobble... so I do a very faint 4 yelp .. cluck .........cluck cluck.. a few mins he gobbles but this time I feel he is closer... so I rake the leaves 3 times..
I just feel hes coming ..no sounds but I just feel it..
then I see the white head pop over top the ridge.. its like a field and stream photo shoot. hes in full strut and looking for his lover .
25 yards he didn't come all the way out of strut but he raises his head. Big mistake!! for him :lol:  :lol:
I know this was along story but im so pumped!! No decoy , no blind.. just me and him. What a day . The Lord blessed me!!
  22lb 1 1/4" spurs 10 3/4" beard.. My largest bird to date.

dejake

Chilly

Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

tomstopper

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

zelmo1

Great bird and a better story. I like the revenge stories. Congrats

strum

I have to say that this bird was killed because of you guys on this forum!!
I've been reading and taking in all the great advise and "calling less is more" has always been a problem for me.
  Thanks guys.

spur collector

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

captin_hook

That kind of extra weight is a good thing! Congrats

alloutdoors

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

Roost 1