OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My 2015 season is over already.

Started by deerbasshunter3, April 12, 2015, 12:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

I just found out from my father-in-law that there is a one bird limit on his property. Being that this is the only property that I hunt, my 2015 turkey season is now over. I guess I could go hunt a WMA one day, but not very comfortable doing that by myself just yet.

101st501

You have to go where the birds are.

TauntoHawk

Just hit public land, at least you get some exercise even if you don't find any birds.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

alloutdoors

Go hit public or go knock on some doors.

budtripp

Don't give up.  There's good hunting to be found on public if your willing to do some walking.

owlhoot

GET out there, do some walking.  For many that is all they have.
Use that confidence from your recent kill and go for it.
Give you a chance to use some of the stuff you bought, get ya a seat and vest to try out too.

Guys just cant have enough stuff!  Have fun.

Gooserbat

Sounds like you need a kick in the pants.  Season is only over when your out of tags, or it closes. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Rick Howard

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 12, 2015, 01:33:29 PM
Sounds like you need a kick in the pants.  Season is only over when your out of tags, or it closes.

LOL perfectly put. 

Find public land or knock on doors.  That is what everyone else does.  <---- is as much a part of hunting as being in the woods chasing the critters. 

8up

Every day in the woods makes you a better hunter.

When I tag out I put away the gun and pick up the camera.

Use every day you can IMO.

mgm1955

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 12, 2015, 01:33:29 PMSeason is only over when your out of tags, or it closes. 
Quote from: alloutdoors on April 12, 2015, 12:59:35 PM
Go hit public or go knock on some doors.
Great advice!

jordanz7935

deerbasshunter3

I am actually now going to be taking my uncle hunting there in two weekends. I can't shoot another bird there but it will be great to get out and call and see some turkeys.

Snoodsniper

Holy crap my father in law won't even let me hunt his property. Guess I'm gonna have to take up golf......

deerbasshunter3

Quote from: Snoodsniper on April 12, 2015, 08:45:46 PM
Holy crap my father in law won't even let me hunt his property. Guess I'm gonna have to take up golf......

What did you do to piss him off...?

zelmo1

:funnyturkey:
Quote from: Gooserbat on April 12, 2015, 01:33:29 PM

Put some time in on new public land or scout up some alternatives. One and done, not for me. I would rather get skunked and hunt every minute I could. Get back on em man :gobble: :gobble: