turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My first TN bird for the season

Started by ThunderChickenGetter, April 11, 2015, 02:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThunderChickenGetter

Went out this morning and heard a few gobbles on the roost but never could get one to work with me. I came home and got some dinner then went back behind to house looking for some sign. Stupid me brought a call but not a gun. I got to where I could hear for a good ways in a clear cut and did some loud cutting on my mad hen 2 and one fired off on the Ridge above me. I ran back to the house and grabbed my vest and gun and went back up there. I called again once I got set up on the old logging road I thought he was on and he double gobbled. I answered him back and he gobbled 5 or 6 times in about a minute by himself so I just put the call down and let him finish it off. I heard him spittin and drumming coming from my right then I saw that white head. He came right down in front of me and I let him have a face full of long beard #5 at 10 steps. Beard was 9 3/4 and had 1" spurs. 

SS Calls

alloutdoors

taylorjones20

Awesome! Congrats!  What part of TN?
Alive only by the Grace Of God

ThunderChickenGetter

Quote from: taylorjones20 on April 11, 2015, 02:20:01 PM
Awesome! Congrats!  What part of TN?
East Tennessee. I'm in Roane County

101st501

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

zelmo1

:funnyturkey: Congrats on the nice bird. Al Baker

beagler

Never Misses

tomstopper

darn2ten

HunterMc23

Tennessee Lead

Congrats man!

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

mgm1955

owlhoot