turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First turkeys of the Season for my hunting buds

Started by BrowningGuy88, March 25, 2011, 01:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrowningGuy88

Well it was a magic morning for me. I was going to listen before work and stopped at the gas station to get a little debbie and some gas. My FIL and his nephew were there drinking coffee talking about where to go. I told them to just come on with me and if we heard anything we would part ways - them hunting and me headed to work. Well I don't have my gun or any camo just a crystal pot and two strikers and an owl hooter. At about 6:15 I owled and two answered us not 100 yards from where we were, I couldn't pull out now they were too close. Took my knife and cut down every gallberry I could find and piled them up on me. I called about 3 or 4 times and at 6:55 the birds hit the ground 37 yards from me. As soon as they touched down, FIL and his nephew doubled! I left them with it at that point, I was late for work. Don't know any measurements. First double I ever called in that I wasn't one of the shooters -- it was fun!

Also, I have been hunting a stubborn old bird at another area and he has been making me look like a fool to say the least! My step-dad got his first day off of the season and hasn't had a chance to listen, so I told him to just go down where that turkey was. He and my grandfather went together to try to pull out all the stops on this wily old fellow! Well I don't know the whole story yet, but I have seen the pics and he was a trophy. My grandfather ended up shooting him about 20 yards with my Remington 20 gauge. He had a 9" beard and 1.25" spurs! I figure a 4-5 year old bird for around these parts.

Now I am not sure where I will go in the morning, but it was a great day for our hunting contingent!

Hognutz

Congrats on the hunt. That's an awesome way to start your work day..Makes a cup of coffee and a Little Debbie look like a booger..Well done, Daman..Mike    :you_rock: :icon_thumright:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

BrowningGuy88

Hognutz

You can believe for us 3 turkeys in one morning is better than gold bullion, much less coffee (and I am a coffee addict)!!!

It was a great day, even got an invite to go call for a guy I work with who it just starting out, but has lots of birds on his place. Wonder if I can pull a double on back-to-back mornings?

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

FLGobstopper

Congrats on getting them the birds! Wish I could start off work like that.