turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

sleeved barrel questions?

Started by jokasr07, March 25, 2011, 11:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jokasr07

Okay what exactly does a sleeved barrel entail, also any one know of who does them?

SumToy

This is big in the target world. This is when you take stock barrel and bore down in it. Then glue sleeve/choke in the barrel. This is a sleeper gun.  I would not trust one with turkey loads. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

VAHUNTER

Quote from: SumToy on March 25, 2011, 02:17:10 PM
This is big in the target world. This is when you take stock barrel and bore down in it. Then glue sleeve/choke in the barrel. This is a sleeper gun.  I would not trust one with turkey loads. 
i hunted with a model 37 that i had sleeved for turkeys for 8 years. it was still shooting strong when i sold it. it all depends on who does the work. i have several match barrels that are sleeved for low brass only.

the trouble with a sleeved barrel is that you are pretty much stuck with the size of the sleeve that you ordered. to remove a sleeve and try another constriction can be expensive
Good things come to those who wait