OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli SBE II Turkey Chokes

Started by masonmross, April 08, 2015, 07:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonmross

I purchased a new Benelli SBE II and I love it. Ive always carried my .870 with me to the turkey woods but I want to start taking my SBE II for turkey hunting.  I have a few buddies that shoot the Kicks GT with magnum blend 5,6,7 out of their SBE II's and they seemed impressed. I have the 26' barrel, what are some suggestions/recommendations for chokes?  Thanks!

Phire Phite

There are none, that gun doesn't shoot very well

Yea right!!  Check out the pattern picture page just below this one, plenty to look at. 
You'll get a lot of recommendations here.  Look up Sumtoy on this site, plenty of love for him on this site for good reason...or
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,54025.0.html

WV Ridge Reaper

IC 665

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smooth_Operator

Rhino .660, incredible numbers and patterns shooting HS or Nitro #7's and mag blends...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

mudhen

Rhino or Jellyhaid in .660, 3" Magnum Blends...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

beagler

Never Misses

Full strut

Call rob roberts at gobbler guns. I went with his recommendation of a .655 for a sbe2 24  and it was spot on. He knows his benellis

Dtrkyman

Mine shoots amazing with a jellyhead, perfect point of aim/impact and it has patterned every load I have shot through it well enough to kill out to 40.

The htl loads have been best by far, but i have yet to try longbeards!

spaightlabs

Mine runs great with the Jellyhad and also with the Hevishot Hevi 13 tube

jbrown

Mine shoots great with 650 gobblin thunder....it shot better with a 650 sum toy. I'm shootin hevi 13, #6 shot, awesome patterns with sum toy

Cut N Run

My SBE II 26 inch barrel puts up phenomenal patterns with a SumToy .650 and 3" 2 oz. of #7s.  Good luck.  I hope you find what it likes best.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

M22

taylorjones20

Quote from: Full strut on April 08, 2015, 08:50:16 PM
Call rob roberts at gobbler guns. I went with his recommendation of a .655 for a sbe2 24  and it was spot on. He knows his benellis

X2 - He will get you on the right path!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

sixbird

Benelli 26" barrels seem to be finicky regarding choking. Mine shoots well with .670  DND Haymaker (Indian Creek). Have a friend who tried a few different ones and found Indian Creek .665 to be best with L/B XR's #6. He got over 200 @ 40 yds. (His barrel is 21" I think).

VaTuRkStOmPeR