OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Aluminum Anodized or Glass Beaded

Started by Cutt, April 08, 2015, 03:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

Quote from: letinmfly on April 10, 2015, 09:44:07 PM
The bead blasted only gets cleaned with an alcohol swab.  The anodized needs a little scuffing now and then with a scotch brite pad and don't forget to clean off the striker tip as well with the same pad.

That's why I was leaning towards the bead blasted surface vs. anodized, seems easier to maintain, and less build up in the striker? But many say the beaded surface is harder to run? As I never run one to say? So which surface do you prefer as for running the call? Thanks

callmakerman

I only use the bead blasted and I do not use any wipes to prep it. All you need is a scotch brite pad for the surface and your striker tip and it's good to go.

Cutt

Quote from: callmakerman on April 11, 2015, 05:22:47 PM
I only use the bead blasted and I do not use any wipes to prep it. All you need is a scotch brite pad for the surface and your striker tip and it's good to go.

now I'm really cornfused ??? I though the purpose of a bead blasted surface requires no scuffing with scotch brite, sandpaper, etc. and just prep with wipes? I just can't see scuffing the surface with anything if not needed, creating particles to clog your striker, if you can just use a wipe?