OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Single shot 20s

Started by jodyp427, April 07, 2015, 06:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodyp427

Does anyone hunt with a single shot 20ga? I have a New England 20 and want to hunt with it. I have a decent pattern at 30 yards and it is only a mod choke. I would love to see your guns and patterns if you have pics.

jordanz7935

I have a baikal mp18 youth 20 ga that im currently "building". I got it last year and didnt get a chance to hunt with it. It also has the mod choke and the 2 patterns i shot with Fed Hw #7s i got between 100-110 in the 10" @ 40yds. Which is good for a mod choke but im gonna eventually have it threaded for chokes. Id look into having your barrel threaded.I reccomend Sumtoy or Mike Orlen they do a good job @ a great price. Definately shoot Fed Hw 7s or Hevi 7s they take the 20 ga to the next level.

perrytrails

Sumtoy did the mount for red dot. Threaded it and made the choke. Ati stock and m4 limbsaver pad. I'll post a pattern pic this weekend hopefully.....

m7carroll

I have a h&r with a mod choke and it will do 100 in 10 @ 35. The old Stevens that measures light full is a little better and both look great from 15 to 35 with the Stevens going to 40. I usually put the 2 3/4 HW7 in the singles and limit it to 30yds for my boys. Their 500 super bantam with the factory full does about 120 at 40 with a great 20" in the 3". This is the h&r at 35

Matt

perrytrails

Quote from: m7carroll on April 10, 2015, 10:49:34 AM
I have a h&r with a mod choke and it will do 100 in 10 @ 35. The old Stevens that measures light full is a little better and both look great from 15 to 35 with the Stevens going to 40. I usually put the 2 3/4 HW7 in the singles and limit it to 30yds for my boys. Their 500 super bantam with the factory full does about 120 at 40 with a great 20" in the 3". This is the h&r at 35

Matt

That's a great pattern Matt. Feel sorry for the birds your hunting. : )

Kates

Here's mine, Baikal tricked out by Sumtoy.  Its a bad motor scooter

surehuntsalot

Quote from: Kates on April 12, 2015, 08:34:42 PM

very nice
looking for one of these now for my grandson
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

m7carroll

Quote from: perrytrails on April 10, 2015, 02:00:09 PM
Quote from: m7carroll on April 10, 2015, 10:49:34 AM

Matt

That's a great pattern Matt. Feel sorry for the birds your hunting. : )
Thank you. I try my best for my boys!

stringtalker

I shoot a cva scout single shot 20 gauge with a ssx choke and with federal heavyweight #7's I get 177 in a 9" circle at 35 yards, but that choke is very inconsistent in my gun
Douglas

10gaugemag

JHoyle

I shoot an encore 20 as does one of my good friends. They shoot very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stickbow98

Mine rocks a Mueller Quick Shot, strap-on comb pad, and Limbsaver recoil pad. It loves the HW 6's!  :OGturkeyhead:

"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

10gaugemag

Quote from: Stickbow98 on May 05, 2015, 01:01:29 AM
Mine rocks a Mueller Quick Shot, strap-on comb pad, and Limbsaver recoil pad. It loves the HW 6's!  :OGturkeyhead:

Any idea as to what it weighs? Looking to set my Encore up as an on the run turkey gun for hunting public ground where I must be able to pack light and move fast.
Also who makes the neoprene cheekpiece??

lowoctane

Quote from: Kates on April 12, 2015, 08:34:42 PM
What did Sumtoy do with it? Any patterns?
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life