OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tennessee boys!!!!

Started by Trevor2, March 25, 2011, 10:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskey

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on March 26, 2011, 05:11:35 PM
Very nice Whiskey, congrats to you both.

Thanks! You know the only bad part about tagging out 30 minutes after the weekend opens is the 1 bird limit. :(

I guess we'll have to go to the shooting range tomorrow.

SKFOOTER

She really mauled his head, Whiskey!  How close was he??

BeardzNSpurz

I'm from Jefferson County in East TN. About 25 mins from Knoxville

whiskey

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 26, 2011, 07:20:22 PM
She really mauled his head, Whiskey!  How close was he??

17 yards. She is shooting softball size groups that close. I grabbed his head to pull him out of the truck and his neck sounded like a sack of gravel.  ;D

Nimrodmar10

Jack Daniel Country, Lynchburg, Moore County

hunttherut

Grew up in Morgan County.  I live in Murfreesboro now.

ground control

Dickson county, and the birds were loud the last two days but nobody wanted to ride in the truck. It was cold as crap this morning, guess they all went to the local diner for coffee. Can't blame them.
"Ground Control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?"

flydowntn

West TN- McNairy County Had one in about 20 yrds the last two days dang turkey wouldnt come over the rise to some his ugly noggin. Saturday got one coming in 3 times and a down pour ran him back in woods. Well my son will get another chance next Sat. He gets first turkey of the year if it takes the whole turkey season. He has been close to gettin his first turkey for 3 yrs now. Maybe next weekend.
S. P. Game Calls

whiskey

Quote from: flydowntn on March 27, 2011, 07:54:44 PM
West TN- McNairy County Had one in about 20 yrds the last two days dang turkey wouldnt come over the rise to some his ugly noggin. Saturday got one coming in 3 times and a down pour ran him back in woods. Well my son will get another chance next Sat. He gets first turkey of the year if it takes the whole turkey season. He has been close to gettin his first turkey for 3 yrs now. Maybe next weekend.

Good luck next weekend. I am sure you will get him one this year!

Trevor2

4 more days boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :newmascot:
Strutstopper

Trevor2

Quote from: harvester on March 25, 2011, 12:52:49 PM
Morgan County also, Wartburg. Goin in the am with the boy/s??

Have u hunted turkeys over on catoosa? I have deer hunted it but was thinking of giving it a try forturkey this year.

Strutstopper

cannonball

Expressjet

Sullivan County, Bristol Baby!!!!!  :jackson: :jackson:

harvester

Quote from: Trevor2 on March 28, 2011, 02:20:48 PM
Quote from: harvester on March 25, 2011, 12:52:49 PM
Morgan County also, Wartburg. Goin in the am with the boy/s??

Have u hunted turkeys over on catoosa? I have deer hunted it but was thinking of giving it a try forturkey this year.

I personally have never heard a bird over there. Seen very few on the bi-color side. Seen more birds in the genesis side. Most of the people that I have known to be successful hunted them like deer. Set up a blind next to a field and call every so often. Not my type of huntin.

Trevor2

Hanks harvester I prolly won't waste my time then.
Strutstopper