OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tennessee boys!!!!

Started by Trevor2, March 25, 2011, 10:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

What part of the state are ya from and what city???
East Tn here sunbright, Morgan county
Strutstopper

870FaceLift

Not from TN, but love it there.  Me and some family will be headed to Pickett County to turkey hunt at the end of April.  I'm really looking forward to it!
Pass it on...

renegade19

My buddy from the Knoxville area is bringing his boy up today.  We're opening the Illinois youth season tomorrow.  Pretty country and nice people down there! 

Trevor2

I live bout an hour away from picket and Knoxville both. I seen a big flock about a month ago in birdstown while working up there. And yes there are some good ppl round here. Best of luck to y'all and the young uns
Strutstopper

Garrett Trentham

I grew up south of Nashville in Franklin. Hunted a lot around Lebanon. Had a trip planned to go back this year but my private land connection fell through and my buddy and I couldn't justify spending that much money to hunt public land. Going to try again next year.
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

wyatt chearp

I live in Knoxville but hunt all over East Tenn.  Eight days til Opening Day!  Anybody going one the youth hunt this weekend? :anim_25:  If so, let us know how the birds are acting.

Hey Magic Man, where you at?  SHAKE AND BAKE!
License to kill gobblers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gobblers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a turkey. And a turkey will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Turkey Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.

Trevor2

Not hunting youth this weekend but will be listening in the morning and scouting in next hour or so, will update y'all. Ya ever hunt in or around Morgan county
Strutstopper

harvester

Morgan County also, Wartburg. Goin in the am with the boy/s??

wyatt chearp

Quote from: Trevor2 on March 25, 2011, 12:44:58 PM
Not hunting youth this weekend but will be listening in the morning and scouting in next hour or so, will update y'all. Ya ever hunt in or around Morgan county

Hunted a few places in Morgan Co.  Used to hunt a lease near Sunbright quite a bit.  I've hunted Lone Mtn before.  And I usually go up to a buddy's farm once or twice a season in High Point.

Look forward to your update Trevor.
License to kill gobblers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gobblers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a turkey. And a turkey will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Turkey Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.

harvester

[Hunted a few places in Morgan Co.  Used to hunt a lease near Sunbright quite a bit.  I've hunted Lone Mtn before.  And I usually go up to a buddy's farm once or twice a season in High Point.

[/quote]

You almost hunted in my back door at Lone Mountain.

Crutch

Going with a friend in the moring to help a kid who's dad has move on, and mother has legal problem. His Granny is excited about getting him involved in somthing.  He lives across from my private hunting area and has been hearing them gobble in the moring.  We are north of Nashville about 20 minutes near Springfield. The 100 bird flock is busitn up. I accidently push a gobbler off roost 2 days ago that was roosted by himself in a 10 patch of woods and last night we got a trail cam pic of a tom on the fence row bording the neighbors property where my buddy hunts.

Going this afternoon to set up a blind for the youth hunt, his very first time hunting.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

pitch black

East Tn, Newport, went last weekend to listen for birds heard nothing

harvester

Good luck in the morning, lets up know you all do.

SKFOOTER

West Tennessee--Hardeman County.

Trevor2

Quote from: wyatt chearp on March 25, 2011, 12:54:50 PM
Quote from: Trevor2 on March 25, 2011, 12:44:58 PM

Hunted a few places in Morgan Co.  Used to hunt a lease near Sunbright quite a bit.  I've hunted Lone Mtn before.  And I usually go up to a buddy's farm once or twice a season in High Point.

I ride horses up lone mtn alot. Been seeing some sign there as well
Strutstopper