Did they ever address the rattle issue?
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Twowithone

Not that I know of. You live with the rattle walking through the woods trying to be quiet so you don't get busted by the gobblers. :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

VAarrowslinger

Yep they rattle. I've got mossberg 835s, 500s remington 870s ( express and sps models) and a browning bps.  They all rattle to some extent and I'm fine with all of them.

rkm456

I've got a Mossberg 500 Flex, and I've never noticed it to have any rattle.

lowoctane

Quote from: rkm456 on April 06, 2015, 06:07:29 PM
I've got a Mossberg 500 Flex, and I've never noticed it to have any rattle.
i heard that it was addressed but wasn't sure...
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Bowguy

Oof, I've never seen a 500 that wasn't a rattle trap. Never saw an 835 that was but I've not seen the brand new versions of either

allaboutshooting

My new 835 with the Matthews system does not rattle at all.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

howl

They'll start after a lot of use. If you use one for a dedicated turkey gun and take it easy loading and unloading it should take many years for the rattle to start.

stinkpickle

I guess I lucked out...sort of.  My old 500 doesn't rattle at all; however, I had to file down the inside of the fore grip a bit, because it had just enough twist to rub the receiver.  My old 835 doesn't rattle either, but it definitely has some wiggle to it.  My BPS is solid...no rattle and no wiggle whatsoever.  Luck of the draw, I guess.

RAY

I've got an 835, 590 and 500 that are really tight. Never rattle. My buddies both have older 835's and theirs are still really tight. His son has the 535 with zero rattle . So I'm guessing whatever rattle you've heard was corrected a long time ago? My 2 cents

old3toe

I believe I posted this before but will comment again for the newer members. I have a new mossberg 835 and it had a little play in the slide. I took a furniture slider that's self adhesive and fixed it. I took a 2 5/8"length x 1/2 thick and very sharp scissors and ripped it length ways giving me two 2 5/8"x1/4" strips. Clean the barrel on both sides above the top edge of the pump edges. Push the pump to the right and place the first strip on left side. Then push the slide to the left firmly into the first strip and apply second strip. And that's it. I also put a small tab at the front of the pump that takes out forward and backward play and acts like a shock absorber if bumped. Mine is as solid as a fixed forearm on an automatic and has held up better than expected. It's cheap and easy and takes two minutes to replace if you wear it out. Mine is still solid after a whole season in all weather and will make it through this one for sure. Hope this helps some of you.

HunterMc23

My .535 rattles a bit, but works fine  :funnyturkey:

old3toe

jim570

A small strip of moleskin on the inside of the fore stock on each side, front and back will take out any slop.

lowoctane

:morning:   

Another reason I love this forum...like minded people!
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life