OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning A5 Load Recommendations

Started by Herms27, April 05, 2015, 07:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herms27

Hi all, I have invested in 3 different chokes to pattern in my new Browning A5 based on what I've read here in the OG forums. Here's what I have so far:

Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike .670
Sumtoy Customs .675
Jebs Head Hunter .655

Does anyone have experience with this gun and choke(s) combo that could recommend appropriate loads? I've hear both Win LBs and Hevi-13 but don't know exactly which ones. I'll be sure to post pattern results.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Longbeards are just a high density lead load.

Hevi-13 is the way to go if you're looking to maximize pattern density and killing power.

I'd shoot the h13 6s, 7s and mag blend in the 2.25 ounce load and go from there.

Herms27

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

Good luck. You have three awesome chokes to choose from.

sixbird

Don't discount the Longbeards...They might not have the energy out quite as far as Hevi but they generally hold a pattern that, in some cases, is maybe even a little too tight up close. My Bennelli with .670 Haymaker (Indian creek) shoots 3" Longbeard #5's at 15 yds. in about a 2 1/2" pattern. I can't recall the exact measurement but it was remarkable how tight. Nothing wrong with Hevi. for sure but Longbeards are substantially less expensive and perform almost as well at reasonable ranges. Of course, whatever shoots best out of your gun is the one to go with but don't discount the Longbeards...