OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

TN opener tom on public land

Started by cnette01, April 04, 2015, 10:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnette01

It was opening morning here in TN today and it all came together for me.  I hunt mainly public land for turkeys, so I try to have 2 or 3 places picked out.  My #1 spot already had a truck parked there, so I moved on to my #2 spot.  I saw several birds fly down, but it appeared that they were across the river I was hunting near.  Then I had a tom fly over my decoys, but he sailed out of sight.  I thought he might come back, so I gave him a few yelps.  A couple of minutes later 2 more birds flew down on my side and a hen ran over to my decoys.  There was a gobbler about 50 yards behind her.  She then proceeded to walk to about 15 feet from me.  I sat real still and was relieved when she didn't bust me.  The tom fanned out a couple of times and moved on into range.  It was a great opening morning.

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

TNTRKYHunter

captin_hook

alloutdoors

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

mgm1955

Awesome hunt! Congrats on a fine bird!!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

beagler

Never Misses

KY LONGBEARD

Rio Fan

That's a beautiful bird.  Congrats!

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

tomstopper

zelmo1

762hunter

Way to go, those WMA's around here in Tn are tough at get a bird from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk