OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Daddy Daughter Double w/ video

Started by gophert, April 04, 2015, 12:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

Sometimes, the stars align and it all comes together. We have been trying to get a double for 5 years since she started shooting and something always goes wrong. Usually I miss because of my nerves. We got to the back of the property and knew these birds were strutting on the property line about 1000 yards away. (its a big field). I hit the box and cut on the mouth call a few times and gobbled about 3 times. It must have upset the lead hen because she got really upset. I hit her with a few more cutts and the next thing I know she's headed up the hill and guess who was following. Enjoy the video!!!

https://youtu.be/A_iWBRw9SKU

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

owlhoot

Nice   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:Congrats

zelmo1

:turkey2: My daughter just watched your video with me. Congrats to you and your daughter. Perfect day. This is what life is all about. Thanks for sharing. Al Baker

njdevilsb

Awesome.  Congrats to you both.  Nice video.

jakesdad

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

jordanz7935

Thats awesome man congrats! Making memories you will never forget!I hope to be doing the same with my little girl when she gets bigger.

alloutdoors

Congrats to you both! At first I thought she was a little off her game, didn't put as much into the celebration dance as we've come to expect, but then it ended with the best dance yet.  :icon_thumright:

MDbowman

Great day, awesome ending to the video. Congrats to both of you!!

I seem to remember previous turkey dances. Am I right?

TauntoHawk

Thats awesome! really enjoyed the video and great photo
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gagry

Congrats!!!!!!!! Great video!!!!!! The best turkey dance yet!!!!!!!!!

Dr Juice

Congrats. Nice birds and footage. Thx.

gophert

Quote from: alloutdoors on April 04, 2015, 02:29:31 PM
Congrats to you both! At first I thought she was a little off her game, didn't put as much into the celebration dance as we've come to expect, but then it ended with the best dance yet.  :icon_thumright:

I'm afraid that the un-inhibited turkey boogie days are coming to a close as she becomes a young lady.  I too miss the high intensity turkey boogie, but there is nothing better than sharing a tree with her.

Sent from my typewriter

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

captin_hook

Awesome! Your daughter hunting wit you.. Great
                Your daughter connecting on a gobbler..terrific
                Your daughter standing on a turkeys head...priceless.
Congrats to you guys. Great video :icon_thumright: