turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

As a beginner, what is my best option?

Started by deerbasshunter3, April 03, 2015, 07:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

I have found that the Legacy Lone Hen is my go to call, and I can run just about every call that I want to make on it, not perfectly, but pretty good. Being that I am a beginner, should I get extra Lone Hens, or should I be getting other brands to try them out?

jakesdad

You could buy a few extras,but I would buy some other types as well.You can never know how to use too many different types of calls.One day they will stop making them,then you're left with..........????

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

hookedspur

JMHO Dont spend a lot of money on calls that you have never played.
Pick two or three that you have ran at a show or store and work on them till you ware them out ,
Then replace the ones you have the most confidence in.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Thundermtn

If you like it and it's killed birds for you get a backup,  but run some different stuff to. Regret not having backups of my first serious bird killer, lost it to a rainstorm.

Triple Gobble

You might get one or two different calls, with
Different tones.  Just make sure you get efficient
With the ones you got and don't overload yourself
With to many.  They're not that fun to
Carry around a whole vest full anyways.
Live your life through Jesus, and life begins!!!!

Snoodsniper

I have about six different mouth calls while hunting. One I use most often is similar to the lone hen. Different call builder though. Doesn't hurt to try something new.

deerbasshunter3

I just ordered a DEGC roadkill 3 pack. I am getting a little more proficient with the three reed calls. I really like the DEGC batwing 2, so I can imagine these will sound just as good. I'm itching to get out in the woods on Friday and see what the turkeys think!

101st501

Don't be afraid to try different things.  Sometimes we can get in a rut, but most importantly you should have confidence in all of the calls that you use.  Try different calls and see which one "feels" the best to you.

deerbasshunter3

Quote from: 101st501 on April 04, 2015, 08:38:17 PM
Don't be afraid to try different things.  Sometimes we can get in a rut, but most importantly you should have confidence in all of the calls that you use.  Try different calls and see which one "feels" the best to you.

To be honest, the Lone Hen sounds the best and is the easiest for me to run. I just feel like I am new enough to try out a few more calls.