OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I think I know the answer to this but...

Started by deerbasshunter3, April 02, 2015, 07:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

If you find a call that you can run real well and sounds great, will you wait to test it out on a turkey before buying extras, or just go ahead and get an extra or two because of your confidence in how it sounds?

Cutt

Mouthcalls yes, I usually have a few of my favorites, incase I lose one. Other calls no, can't see having 2 or more of the same pots or boxes.

Bowguy

mgm1955

I would consider other wood combos, talk with the maker and get his ideas and have a listen to others. Different sound may be the perfect complement to the one you have.

zelmo1

:turkey2: All of the above. Try different materials. More than 1 mouth call is a good idea

WildTigerTrout

If I find a mouth call I like that sounds good. I ALWAYS buy a couple of extras. You never know when they will stop making them. As an example Primos made a stacked frame or piggyback called "The Boss Hogg". I tried one, liked it and bought two more as spares. Sure enough they quit making it. I am still using the original but have stored the spares in a safe place.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Gooserbat

Funny thing today I had a gentleman call and order 100 of the same mouth call.  Said he likes it do much he wanted at least a 10 year supply for him and his buddies because he knew they would swipe a lot of them. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.