turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First Osceola

Started by I-55Bandit, April 02, 2015, 12:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I-55Bandit

Made the trip for the first time last week and had an incredible hunt on the first morning. He gobbled sparingly but finally showed himself about 150 yards out and strutted all the way to the dekes through planted pines and palmettos. Awesome experience in some really cool terrain. Definitely going on the wall.

KYFrid

Way to go! Beautiful pic!  :z-guntootsmiley: Did you get him on public land?  I'm hoping to get down there in a few years...

wvlimbhanger

Awesome bird...the terrain is what really did it for me on my hunt, glad you mentioned that part and was able to capture it in some photos.

I-55Bandit

Quote from: WVFrid on April 02, 2015, 12:08:40 PM
Way to go! Beautiful pic!  :z-guntootsmiley: Did you get him on public land?  I'm hoping to get down there in a few years...
This was private land. I figured this was a one time deal so I wanted to increase my chances. This was my first time with an outfitter for any sort of game so it was a different experience. I'll definitely be back to Florida in the future though

alloutdoors

Nice bird, congrats!

njdevilsb

Real nice bird.  Congrats.

born2hunt

Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Muzzy61

Congrats, and Nice bird !
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Racer1

What outfitter did you go with?  We are headed down in 2017

turkey harvester

Way to go there I-55. Great looking bird. I thought that was you, seen it over on MWT. Great job!!!
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Snoodsniper

Darn fine bird! Congrats

Dr Juice

Wow. That's an awesome bird. I love the Spurs.

mgm1955

Congrats on an awesome bird. Great story, great pics. Those are some fine spurs!!

sbbow

Nice bird there Bandit.  Have you got 20's kids all lined out for youth season?