Main Menu

Still can't decide!

Started by deerbasshunter3, April 01, 2015, 01:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Bowguy

Think my buddy just bought a vest at Cabelas for like 50 bucks off

strum

I have always been a backpack guy even use a fanny pack only sometimes but this year I decided ill try another vest so I got the Tater 2 . Im sold!! I can put my coat and a decoy in the rear. everything eles I need is in the vest. the seat is the most comfortable  ive used and the padding in the rear of the vest allows  me to lean back against the tree like no other.
will I go back to a pack?..no way

Timmer

I love a vest.  Especially if you are covering a lot of ground.  Everything you need, all well organized.
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

deerbasshunter3

Does a vest not cover up a leafy suit while you are sitting up against a tree?

Strick9

Yea it covers the very vest parts :) Vest here always.
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

ridgerunner

Cabela's Tactical Tat'r 2  vest for me also....I like being able to access my vest pocket while wearing it, a backpack you would have to remove, when things happen , and many times it happens fast..I feel like accessibility is a must..I've had times when I barely got sat down and had birds coming,  my calls were easy to get to using a vest..I don't feel a backpack allows this...plus my Tat'r vest has a real nice seat cushion to sit on..IMO that Tat'r vest can't be beat.

deerbasshunter3

I tried on a vest at Sportsman's Warehouse and I gotta be honest, I didn't care too much for it. I think I am going to use the backpack since I will only be hunting six days this season.

Dr Juice

It's easier and more comfortable to set up on a bird with a vest. In addition, your arsenal of calls are more accessible during crunch time.

Phire Phite

If you do the backpack, find a way to keep your essential calls accessible, pointless in having calls in there that you can't get to.  I'd at least get the WM fanny pack to go along with the backpack.

deerbasshunter3

The only calls I am planning to use are mouth calls. Shouldn't be hard to keep them close by. I have a slate but not sure if I will be using it. I like the idea of a backpack because I can throw an MRE in there, along with a couple of water bottles, and still have room for other stuff (sweater if it's cool in the am, etc...). I may look into the WM fanny pack if the backpack does not work out for me next weekend.

Full strut

I'm a fanny pack guy. Vest get full of non essentials and end up weighing me down. I bring 1 pot, 1 box, 1 scratcher and 2 mouth calls. If a bird dosnt like one of the variety I bring then that old Tom is meant to live another day

TauntoHawk

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on April 01, 2015, 09:16:35 PM
The only calls I am planning to use are mouth calls. Shouldn't be hard to keep them close by. I have a slate but not sure if I will be using it. I like the idea of a backpack because I can throw an MRE in there, along with a couple of water bottles, and still have room for other stuff (sweater if it's cool in the am, etc...). I may look into the WM fanny pack if the backpack does not work out for me next weekend.

If you don't have a bunch of calls don't get a vest, the best part of a vest is a way to organize all the calls.

Save your money, you might need it to pay for a full body turkey mount!
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

deerbasshunter3

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 01, 2015, 09:29:41 PM

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on April 01, 2015, 09:16:35 PM

If you don't have a bunch of calls don't get a vest, the best part of a vest is a way to organize all the calls.

Save your money, you might need it to pay for a full body turkey mount!

Yeah, I figured once I got a vest, I would feel like I needed to buy the stuff to fit in the pockets.

surehuntsalot

another vote for a vest....got to have mine
it's not the harvest,it's the chase