turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Second week of Alabama Season!!!!

Started by pdaugherty, April 01, 2015, 12:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdaugherty

Wanted to share some pics from the past week of the season here in central Alabama. Between me and my brother-in-law we killed 4 birds in 7 days, 3 of those in four days. Had some of the best and most memoriable turkey hunts ever.
1st bird was 22lbs, 9 1/4 beard, 1 1/8 spurs called him in for my brother-in-law
2nd bird was 24lbs, 11 beard, 1 3/8 spurs was on him 5 times before I finally killed him
3rd bird was 25lbs, 9 3/4 beard, 1 1/8 spurs decoyed on a Avian Hen, couldn't stand it
4th bird was 20lbs, 10 beard, 1 spurs fanned him in

Hope everyone else is having as blessed a season as we are so far. The birds are just getting right here in Bama and it's looking like it's only gonna get better. Good luck and good hunting guys.

TauntoHawk

its special when the birds are working just right! great birds and pics  :drool:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

870supermagnum

That is outstanding work.  Congrats on all four.

ericjames

tomstopper

mgm1955

Wow! Great season so far!! Congrats to both of you and continued good luck!!

captin_hook

Awesome. You southern guys are so lucky!! I'm sick of waiting here in pa. Congrats!

Tennessee Lead

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

trkycaller

pdaugherty

Scored on my third bird of the season Easter morning. Another memorabile hunt fanning this bird in, I've got to say I've never seen anything work like a fan does.

Honolua

Awesome birds...where are all hunting? I am in Odenville. After losing my 1st bird I got one Saturday....

11 1/2" beard
7/8" Spurs
18lbs

HunterMc23

101st501

zelmo1

alloutdoors