OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Choke Evaluation - Hevi-13 Shotshells

Started by allaboutshooting, March 31, 2015, 10:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Chew

gophert

Quote from: Ranger007 on April 01, 2015, 08:52:31 PM
Thanks for a true "apples to apples" comparison.

This is very hard to find of any product nowadays.

Great work

How is this apples to apples when he used different exit diameter chokes out of the same gun for comparison?  Not good science.

Strick9

Plenty of good science there if you read between the lines and let your brain do some common sense applications as related to best pattern out of gun with said choke for particular shell. You Mt Juliet guys are a tough lot, I elk hunt and duck hunt with a couple fellers from Mt Juliet, tougher than hickory nuts I tell ya and all good as gold.
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

allaboutshooting

I appreciate all of the positive comments and hope that the information is at least interesting and maybe helpful to you. With all of the available options out there today in the way of chokes, shells and guns, let alone the variations of all those choices, evaluating all of them would be quite a task.

The Hevi-13 project was a pretty natural companion to the WLB project that was recently published in "Turkey Country" magazine. Those 2 projects and the 3rd Degree evaluation that I published, required a good bit of range time and several hours in compiling and analysis of information.

It's time to hunt turkeys this spring and I wish you all well as you pursue those big red-headed birds.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

outdoorsmen

Quote from: gophert on April 02, 2015, 07:50:23 PM
Quote from: Ranger007 on April 01, 2015, 08:52:31 PM
Thanks for a true "apples to apples" comparison.

This is very hard to find of any product nowadays.

Great work

How is this apples to apples when he used different exit diameter chokes out of the same gun for comparison?  Not good science.

i agree 100%. It would be hard to do a "true" test of chokes per gun.  I would like to see various diameters of the same choke used in the same barrel. Then compare the next brand of choke in the matching diameters and so on. It would be hard to do but that would be apples to apples.