OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Choke Evaluation - Hevi-13 Shotshells

Started by allaboutshooting, March 31, 2015, 10:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Here's a link to the article in which I published the results of my evaluation of 32 different turkey chokes, through 6 different guns with Hevi-13 shotshells.

It's important to note that I shot all 96 shells through these chokes and guns at what I consider to be normal early spring and fall temperatures, in the low to mid 50s, consequently pattern numbers are lower than you may experience as temperatures rise. I wanted to be as objective as possible.

It's also important to note, when reviewing the choke information in the chart, the exit diameter of the choke used.

http://allaboutshooting.com/article_info.php?articles_id=759

Hopefully, you'll find this information interesting and helpful.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

chatterbox

Thank you Clark!
Interesting and very informative per your usual! :icon_thumright:

allaboutshooting

You're welcome. I hope the information is helpful.

Thanks,
Clark

grayfox

Thanks Clark for all the many hours of hard work you do!

forcercon1

Thank you for all the work and sharing the information. I'm not sure if I missed it in the article, what size shot were you shooting with the 3" Hevi 13?

captin_hook

Longshanks

Quote from: forcercon1 on April 01, 2015, 01:20:03 AM
Thank you for all the work and sharing the information. I'm not sure if I missed it in the article, what size shot were you shooting with the 3" Hevi 13?

Hevi 13 3/2/6's

allaboutshooting

You're certainly welcome for the work. I hope you find it interesting and helpful.

Thanks,
Clark

Strick9

That is indeed a mountain of work completed sir. I am a little confused as your article mentioned several guns yet the chart only reference Crio threads? Is there a chart for each gun used that I am not seeing?
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

Dr Juice

Great info - Thank you for the thorough job like usual.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Strick9 on April 01, 2015, 10:54:52 AM
That is indeed a mountain of work completed sir. I am a little confused as your article mentioned several guns yet the chart only reference Crio threads? Is there a chart for each gun used that I am not seeing?

Thank you. I went back in and spaced the thread types some so that it's now easier to see the different ones. I appreciate your feedback and hope you find it helpful.

Thanks,
Clark

Strick9

Clark,

I really appreciate things of this nature, my hat and a high five go out to you sir. That cleared her right up..

I see the winners as

#1 Invector Plus with the Wrights at 222

#2 Invector with the Jebs at 213

#3 Moss with Hevi shot at 201

I woudn't have thought that would be the case but am glad to hear it as I had been leaning towards a MB for a dedicated rig but now it will most certainly be a Browning with Invector Plus.

Great information!
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

beagler

Never Misses

owlhoot

Ranger007

Thanks for a true "apples to apples" comparison.

This is very hard to find of any product nowadays.

Great work