turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Monday Ever!!!

Started by TN Beard Buster, March 30, 2015, 04:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TN Beard Buster

o say I'm happy right now would be an understatement!!! I started this day off at 5:00 heading to the woods. My local WMA was open to hunt this weekend a week prior to opening day. After a 2 1/2 sit at one location, seeing only a single hen, I moved to a different spot around 9:30 and sat up. After about 15 minutes of calling sporadically, I finally heard a gobbler yelp and 5 minutes later a feisty 2 year old came out in the powerline and headed straight to my strutter with anger on his mind. Two shots later, he's on the ground. 18 3/4lbs, 9 1/2"beard, and 5/8" spurs. If I knew how to post a pic I would. Check out Tennessee Dream Team kill thread later to see. After tagging my harvest and heading home, my local UPS buddy came by and dropped off my new DSD flock that I ordered. These bad boys are awesome!!! After a quick lunch with my wife, I went to a chiropractor for the first time in 8 years and got my aching back straightened out and now I'm home relaxing before starting back to work tomorrow. I know I'm rambling on, but my Lord and Savior has given me one of the best days I've had in a long long time!! I just wanted to Testify and give God all the Praise for it all and share it with ya'll!! Can't wait till Saturday for our official state opener and get the chance to hunt my new private ground I just acquired.

taylorjones20

Awesome! Happy for you! And congrats on the bird!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

mgm1955

zelmo1

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

tomstopper

owlhoot

kyturkeyhunter4

Quote from: TN Beard Buster on March 30, 2015, 04:52:28 PM
o say I'm happy right now would be an understatement!!! I started this day off at 5:00 heading to the woods. My local WMA was open to hunt this weekend a week prior to opening day. After a 2 1/2 sit at one location, seeing only a single hen, I moved to a different spot around 9:30 and sat up. After about 15 minutes of calling sporadically, I finally heard a gobbler yelp and 5 minutes later a feisty 2 year old came out in the powerline and headed straight to my strutter with anger on his mind. Two shots later, he's on the ground. 18 3/4lbs, 9 1/2"beard, and 5/8" spurs. If I knew how to post a pic I would. Check out Tennessee Dream Team kill thread later to see. After tagging my harvest and heading home, my local UPS buddy came by and dropped off my new DSD flock that I ordered. These bad boys are awesome!!! After a quick lunch with my wife, I went to a chiropractor for the first time in 8 years and got my aching back straightened out and now I'm home relaxing before starting back to work tomorrow. I know I'm rambling on, but my Lord and Savior has given me one of the best days I've had in a long long time!! I just wanted to Testify and give God all the Praise for it all and share it with ya'll!! Can't wait till Saturday for our official state opener and get the chance to hunt my new private ground I just acquired.
Congrats

beagler

Never Misses

Phire Phite

Ishi

The Spirit Lives On

jepcho

alloutdoors

Wrangler95

Very nice gobbler,congrats!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

chadly