OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Temperature when sighting in

Started by greenheadIL, March 24, 2011, 03:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenheadIL

Ok guys, its supposed to be 37 degrees in IL this weekend.  Would you guys still go pattern your guns in this or does it even make a huge difference.  Only have 2 more weeks till season so don't want to wait too long.

Thanks

shootumindaface

Quote from: greenheadIL on March 24, 2011, 03:53:26 PM
Ok guys, its supposed to be 37 degrees in IL this weekend.  Would you guys still go pattern your guns in this or does it even make a huge difference.  Only have 2 more weeks till season so don't want to wait too long.

Thanks
What if its 37 degrees when you are hunting

drum817

I would pattern my gun in the same conditions that i'm going to hunt in.....so unless it's gonna warm up a lot before your season opens in two weeks I'd suggest to get out there and pattern the gun  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

sugarray

All good replies.  I live in WV and for the first week at least it is 40 or less in the mornings, often around 30, depending on the year.  I like to pattern at 40 degrees.  This tells me what my patterns are going to be at this time.  You will have a little fall off at 30 degrees, but you will have tightening as it warms up.

Better to shoot now and know what your pattern is than to shoot in 2 weeks and have problems 2 days before the season.