OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

best turkey hunting books ever?

Started by heathwesley, March 29, 2015, 09:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heathwesley

What is the best turkey hunting book ever?

Bowguy

I know there are many more famous but I dug Knight n Hales Ultimate Turkey Hunter. Not sure what struck a cord with me but it did. Ray Eyes first book was good too, I especially liked the first chapter. The real old books can be great too.

alloutdoors

falltoms

The most entertaining book I have read on turkey hunting. Bad Birds by Jim Spencer.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: alloutdoors on March 29, 2015, 11:01:47 AM
Old Pro Turkey Hunter.
I agree with this!! also Kenny morgans one mans game
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

mgm1955

Lots of great books makes it hard to pick just one. Nunnery, Morgan, earlier Kelly, Davis, Elliot. More recent ones such as Dale, Weddle, Hutto are great reads. Casada's "Remembering the Greats" really brings the old masters to life.

West Augusta

Tenth Legion by Col. Tom Kelly
Turkey Tails and Tales from Across the USA Vol. 1 by our own Hookspur Tom"Doc" Weddle
Turkey Hunting A One Man Game by Ken Morgan
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

drum817

If you wanna learn how to kill turkeys..... ANYTHING written by Ray Eye!!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Big Guy

I love turkey hunting and I love to read, so I love getting some ideas out of this thread.  Has anyone read The Turkey Hunting World of Ben Lee?  Any good? 

silvestris

Free and downloadable from Google Books.  "The Wild Turkey And Its Hunting" by E.A. McIlhenny.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

tomstopper

Quote from: Big Guy on March 29, 2015, 04:18:02 PM
I love turkey hunting and I love to read, so I love getting some ideas out of this thread.  Has anyone read The Turkey Hunting World of Ben Lee?  Any good?
Yes I have. It's awesome to see how things have changed from how he seen it years ago. I also will throw out my vote for "Old Pro Turkey Hunter & The Tenth Legion". Both are great....

greencop01

:OGturkeyhead:   I would have to say Ken Morgan America, Wild Turkeys and Mongrel Dogs and anything by John McDaniel
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Big Guy

Quote from: tomstopper on March 29, 2015, 07:20:26 PM
Quote from: Big Guy on March 29, 2015, 04:18:02 PM
Yes I have. It's awesome to see how things have changed from how he seen it years ago. I also will throw out my vote for "Old Pro Turkey Hunter & The Tenth Legion". Both are great....

OK thanks.  I've already ordered Old Pro Turkey Hunter due to the recommendations in this thread.

Spurs

check out "the greatest wild gobbler." By Larry dablemont.  It is about the author who was a "pioneer" of sorts when turkey were just beginning to pick up in north arkansas.
This year is going to suck!!!